Afire Love

It had been almost a month ever since Karlie died. An extreme case of internal bleeding and her fragile body could take it no more.

Taylor realized falling to her knees when she heard of the news, grieving and weeping her heart out to the model.

She hadn't even got to say goodbye to her.

Everyone around her, seemed to have passed that phase though, people went about their business as usual, hauled themselves to work and even, attended parties and everything once bored.

But Taylor couldn't feel anything, she was numb to her own existence.

A part of her had been wrenched away in the cruelest way possible, a part of her soul cut off from her untimely.

Worst of all, she blamed it on herself. Everything that had happened. Continuous questions wandered her mind: What if she hadn't let her go out of the house? What if she had stood upto Andrea in time? What if-what if she hadn't thrown around tantrums to get herself coffee in the middle of the night?

Crumpling against the marble wood flooring, she had already given up on life. Even her tears had dried up, leaving behind nothing but a mulched face that ran out of tears.

A bottle of jack in one hand and Karlie's baseball jacket in another, she was lying on the ground still trying to take in whatever had happened.

But how could she, when the truth was too harsh to be embraced?

Last she remembered being close to her was sadly, her funeral. People from all across the country even a few Parisiennes from France had come out to pay their last respects. All of them offered their condolences to Taylor, who was dressed in a sheer black dress. No feelings or memories flooded her, nor did she speak for her girlfriend at the funeral. All she did was glance through every single person in the room, hoping that some of their grief would transfer onto her, but that was not to happen, was it?

The twins were holding onto each other for support, crying silently into their handkerchiefs as Karlie had taught them to.

"Classy girls do not cry at funerals! You have to stay strong, ladies! Even if it's mine, I would actually fancy you drinking up bottles of wine and mess with the boys."

She had preached, but not before adding.

"Oh my god, don't do that! Don't drink or sleep around, oh my god."

At the end, when Karlie lay in peace on her coffin, the girls approached Taylor, sniffing.

Taylor stared at the two girls with a melancholic expression on her face, wondering how would they do without their older sister. Someone whom they had looked upto during their early teenage years.

The girls ran towards her and wrapped her in a hug, sobbing into her neck and weeping about how they were to go through life without the presence of Karlie.

Taylor simply patted the top of their heads, telling them that she would always be there for them. Kim and Kariann nodded and returned back to their families, who were surrounded by the Victoria's Secret models who had come over after a late photoshoot, something that Karlie could've been a part of, had she not been lying in her coffin at the very same moment.

Nostalgia was something that had taken over Taylor, everything and anything from her life had been snatched away, and everything that meant to her was attached to this one soul, that had been taken over untimely.

In the rain, she watched on nonplussed as the coffin was laid down in her grave, that read:

Karlie Elizabeth Kloss.