In The Blink Of An Eye

Taylor walked in through the entrance of the gym, her mind wandering over the clauses that had been proposed by Scott. It was so unagreeable but she had to accept it anyways, else she was possibly going to have to give up on her career.

She placed her bag down on the ground as she punched in her locker combination. She knew she was late, which is why she did have to hurry. Surely, she was in for extra warm ups and stretching excercises but she had much more consuming thoughts on her mind.

"That's a hell lot of locker space you're taking up, Taylor."

Taylor turned around to see Karlie, smiling back at her.

"Oh. Hi." She muttered as she quickly changed into her shoes and got up to start the session.

"Something wrong?" Karlie questioned her, eyeing her curiously.

Taylor was never that formal with her before.

"No. Nothing." Taylor answered as she strolled off towards the instructor, who was talking to some young girls, probably giving out tips for a healthy diet.

***

Karlie's POV

Taylor is standing in front of me, working with the dumbells, stretching her arms and then folding them back in. Weirdly so, she has been ignoring me since morning.

Backing out of conversations, walking away, if I did try to talk to her.

Something's wrong and she's not telling me.

The instructor stated that we had to do extra weight training and stretching since we were about half late for class.

"Karlie and Taylor, you guys can have the next training room to yourselves." Brooke added, as she gestured towards the other room.

Next to me, Taylor huffed and puffed up her cheeks, grudgingly left for the training we were supposed to do by ourselves.

***

Taylor and I have been doing all sorts of cardio, exhausted though I am, we still have half an hour to go. The others had already left, while the instructor was still tending to some other teens in the lower class.

In front of me, Taylor was stretching out on a bar. The way she flexes and is almost able to do a split, she has all the makings to become one hell of a ballerina.

"Um. Taylor, that's not the right way to do it." I broke the silence between us, which had been persistent for way too long.

She turned around, glaring me down as I walked upto her. Adjusting her pose and her arms right above her head, holding her waist in place. I could feel her melting under the touch, her hands jerking off over the sensation.

"There. All good. Balance out now." I whispered to her, as I stood behind her, hands still resting on her hips and she staring straight ahead into the mirror, gazing at our reflection.

"I-I'm trying to." She muttered, flicking the hair to the side of her face.

I inhaled her sweet scent, full of strawberries. The back of her neck was sweaty from all the exercise and

the hair stuck to the back of her head.

"Wait." I mumbled under my breath as I pulled a strand behind her ear.

My eyes strayed over to the shoulder, traces of red visible. They can't be...

Hickey marks.

Taylor noticed my wide eyed gaze, as she turned around, our foreheads almost touching.

"What are you looking at?" She asked, her eyes narrowing at me.

"Are those-"

"None of your business." Taylor cut in, as she picked up her zipper from the ground.

"None of my business?" I repeated. I can't believe she said that.

"Yes. None of your business." She replied simply as she took a sip from her water bottle.

"None of my business, Taylor? Whom you go out with, whom you hook up with? All this time, you've been behaving so rudely and I'm bearing with it patiently! You aren't even telling me what's wrong with you! I'm trying to establish something here, Taylor. You aren't exactly helping me out, nor are you being entirely truthful to me." I yelled at her.

But she wasn't affected at all. Entirely unfazed, yes she was.

"I do not need to answer you, Karlie. Secrets? Who was the one that apparently forgot to tell me that they were getting married? Who was the one that didn't back off from the kiss? Who kissed me back? Who didn't ask me about my work and my life before? It wasn't me, Karlie, it was YOU." Taylor screamed in anger, the temper rising as she started to walk away.

She felt Karlie's hands grab her waist as she pulled her in.

"What-" Taylor was cut off by the feel of Karlie's soft lips on hers, her toned arms on the back of her head and her mouth softly pressing itself against Taylor's.

Taylor responded by allowing her to do so, memorise each and every space that existed, explore her mouth, discover her more. Decreasing spaces even more.

"Because I never regretted it." Karlie smiled against Taylor's lips, their foreheads touching.

--------------------------------

Taylor and Karlie were standing outside of the building, waiting for Josh to pick them up. As usual, Josh was late, owing to some stupid reason that he was sure to make up when he reached there.

"He'll be here in 'bout 5?" Karlie told Taylor, who was frowning at her phone.

"Alright." Taylor mumbled before being interrupted by a shout.

"Taylor! Here!" Karlie spotted a white Porsche in front of her.

Craning her neck to take a better look at the person, Karlie saw a young man, in his early 20s, dark brown curls that framed his forehead and pointed pale face. Not to mention the emerald eyes that were most similar to her own.

Possibly not...

"Yes, I'm coming!" Taylor replied as she jumped into the front seat, placing her bag behind her as she turned to gingerly caress his curls.

Not him again, Karlie balled her fists by her side as she saw Taylor snaking her arms around his neck, kissing him sloppily.

She waved back forcefully as tears threatened to make their presence known and her eyes followed the white car until it was a tiny speck in the crowded street.

--------------------------

Thoughts? And please do vote if you like it. :)

What do you think of this aspect of Taylor's?

Kbyethatzall.