We Are In Love

"Pass the sauces please, Taylor."

Karlie requested, extending an hand for the sauce bottles.

Taylor nodded and passed on the condiments and relapsed back into her seat.

They had spent the whole day, talking about how they would tell Andrea and Scott about their relationship. The whole thing with Javier was a blow up situation, he had been dismissed as soon as the girls had come out of the washroom after their talks. Disappointed though he was, Javier accepted that he was no match for Taylor and left them, a slight struck expression on his face.

A state of high tension was built around them, both of the girls hardly talked on the dinner table, occasionally coughing to signal that the other should start the conversation. Scott, who had come back after the exhausting business trip, was entirely tired and was about to resort to his bed soon after dinner, given the red eyes that he possessed.

"Um, Mrs. Swift..."

Karlie started on continuous looks that Taylor gave her, to start the conversation.

"Yes, darling. Do you need more crèpes?"

Andrea asked agitatedly, her hand reaching for the plate of crèpes which she passed onto Karlie.

Given that Taylor had rejected yet another suitor, Andrea had taken to cursing and stating that Taylor had gotten out of control and was rebelling against her rule. She had spent the entire morning, nagging Taylor about the lunch date, blaming her disinterest in boys to do with her friends in New York.

"I knew I should've moved with you to New York," said she, "City girls do have a profound influence yes."

Taylor was now extremely sore, with the treatment meted out to her by her mom. Being forced into a marriage whilst she was in love with some other girl, wasn't something that tickled Taylor's fancy. Disgusted, she had resorted to the confines of her room, blinking back a tear or two now and then, hoping that she hadn't been born into that family.

Karlie herself was stuck in the middle of the situation. Her love for Taylor, which did surpass anything in this world that ever meant to her (except the XBOX of course, it was very dear to her, she accepted.) made her feel like a confused teen, who was too unsure of answering an MCQ, something that would set her back by marks that would decide her future. She had taken the charge to talk to Andrea about the relationship, provided Taylor was there to back her up. The mother's attitude towards homosexuality and queer people was something that frightened Karlie to the uttermost, who had her bags packed in case, the woman decided to kick her out of the house because of her secret romance with her priceless daughter.

"Yeah, that's it. Thanks, Mrs. Swift."

Karlie took the plate and served herself some of the crèpes, even though she was sure that half of her dish was about to go to waste since neither she nor Taylor were much upto eating anything. Karlie was darn sure that she would puke up later, her inhibitions taking over the best of her.

"Austin, switch the channels, man. I'm bored."

Taylor asked Austin, who was sitting in front of the TV, watching ESPN sports whilst eating his third servings and checking his messages for a text from his new girlfriend.

Austin changed to a news channel, which had started telecasting a debate on the LGBT community.

Taylor stiffened in her chair, so did Karlie, dropping her spoon.

"Oh, why! Queers here in Nashville too?! Argh, we are infiltrated by traitors!"

Andrea raised her hands in a dramatic manner, on listening to the debate. She hardly did notice Karlie and Taylor's reactions over the booming sound of the reporter, who was going on about whether such people should be allowed to get married or not, a bored expression on his face.