Chapter 8

Arian stood hidden in the shadows of the alley. Her eyes flickered up towards the moon then back down to her watch. It would be midnight soon.

Her ears perked up at the sound of approaching footsteps. Her body stood still as she watched the brown man come towards her. "Here," he shoved a large envelope in her hand. His eyes kept flickering around the alley of The Cavern, "this is our last meet. It isnt safe anymore," the brown man quickly moved away, and out of sight.

Arian gripped the envelope in her hand, taking one last glance up towards the moon, "please don't let it be him," she muttered. With a breath in, Arian too began to leave.

Her eyes were dry and tired as she flipped to the last file. Once she had arrived back home, she moved to her office and began rifling through the envelope. Multiple photos and reports were inside the envelope. As she read the last file, she noticed something peculiar. She shook her head and put everything back into the envelope.

She moved towards the rug placed in the center up her office. Lifting the rug, she feels around for the loose wooden plank. With a pop open, Arian puts the envelope with the others. She moved to fix everything as it was, before leaving her office.

Her sluggish body dragged through the halls until she was met by the door of her room. Giving the nob a turn, Arian started to tug her shirt and her pants off. She stopped a moment to admire her mate; He looked so innocent. She smiled at her pale mates sleeping form before throwing her self into bed. Before her mind wandered off into a dream state, she felt her mate wrap her in his arms.

The morning sun peaked through the windows and penetrated Brian's sleepy eyes. His brown eyes fluttered open to reveal a shield of Auburn covering half his face. A silly smile made it's way onto his face as the body of his mate layed on him. He ran his fingers through her silky hair, causing a soft sigh to escape the she wolf. If possible, his silly smile grew bigger.

Brian lay, admiring his mate for a moment. He still could not believe how blessed he was to have her as his mate. Though Brian was slightly terrified by her, she was still everything he wanted.

He watched her as she slept, the soft snores leaving her. He knew she must be exhausted, since he hadn't seen her enter their room. Brian waited up til midnight, but he soon fell asleep when he realized his mate would not arrive. Beta Jacob's had told him she was away on business. That was meant to keep him content but instead it only filled him with worry. What if she is with another man right now, Brian had thought.

Brian knew that Arian held feelings for him, it's obvious whenever he catches her eyes; always hungry. He was shook from his thoughts when he felt his mate stir in her sleep. Not a moment later, and her eyes were wide open. Her sparkling blue eyes landed on the chocolate eyes besides her, "what time is it," her sleepy voice sounded.

Brian's body tingled at how raspy his mate's voice sounded. A flush of red ran up his neck, "10:28," he sheepishly replied. With a quick nod from his mate, she got off the bed and began to change.

She shrugged a simple black tank top, then pulled up a pair of black training shorts. She moved quickly throughout the room, running to the bathroom to brush her teeth, then running back into the room to brush her hair. She stopped a moment and looked towards her mate, "get ready. We are late for training," she went to tug at his arms.

He nodded slowly. As Arian began putting her shoes on, Brian left to the closet to change. Coming out of the closet, he wore a black t-shirt and blue gym shorts. He walked over to his mate, shoulders hunched, head slightly down.

Arian quickly assessed her mate's outfit. Giving him a nod of approval, the two wolves left the room and walked towards the training field where multiple wolves were sparring.

Brian caught sight of his parents throwing punches into the air as a man guided them. His father seemed determined to get his punch correct. His mother seemed confused, but continued along without question.

Brian felt the tingles envelop his arm. Arian grabbed onto her mate, and led him in front of everyone, "head up," she whispered to him.

He snapped his head up as they arrived to the front. "Rikers Pack," she started, "We will begin training harder these coming weeks because of the oncoming threat to our pack." Her eyes roamed around the field, " Rikers Pack, are you ready to kill those who threaten our pack!" Her eyes flashed red.

"Yes, Alpha!" A chorus of voices yelled.

A smirk came over her face, "are you going to protect your home, and your family?!"

"Yes, Alpha!" Another chorus of voices

Her smirk grew even wider, "then we shall kill those who dare attack us! Torture those who try to conspire against us! We will make them beg for mercy as we skin them alive!" Her red eyes flashed again.

A series of yells of encouragement left the mouths of her pack. Wolves were excited to slaughter those who came for them. After all, this is the Rikers Pack, home of the Barbaric.