Chapter 14

The car ride to her grandfathers house has been a long one, especially with Brian not speaking to her. Hours had passed before Brian had finally come out the bathroom. Arian watched as he went into the closet, changed, then went down to eat. Arian had followed him like a lost puppy, watching as he ate, and made no move to talk to her.

When Gamma Jessica finally caught the Alpha's attention, Arian had to put on the facade; like Brian ignoring her didn't bother her. Gamma Jessica had informed her that her car was ready.

Arian and Brian moved to the car, none making a move to talk to the other. Once the pair had arrived to the two story, white house, Brian moved closer to his mate. He moved closer to her subconsciously. Arian was his protector and she always made him feel safe. They climbed up the five steps before knocking on the red wood doors.

A moment of silence passed before the older man came to view. He smiled at his granddaughter, "hello, Arian".

She looked back at him, "Hello, grandfather. This is my mate, Brian," she motioned to her left. The older man nodded his head in greeting, then motioned them inside.

Arian took in all of her surroundings, her eyes quickly finding suitable escape routes. She knew her grandfather would never try anything, but this was something she always did. After spending so many years of watching her back from her brother, it was hard for her not to rid of the habit. She always had to look for an exit when her brother and father were alive. So many times her brother tried to trap her, so he could get rid of her, but Arian has always been smarter. Her father never interfered with their sibling rivalry, but he always watched. It wasn't until the day Arian had castrated her brother in front of the whole pack, that her father knew what had to happen. Arian never knew, but her father had accepted his fate a long time ago. After watching her sinister display, he knew she had the power to become the top Alpha in the country. It was her fate.

Arian and Brian sat on the sofa next to each other, waiting for her grandfather to join them. He had left to go grab three glasses of water.

When he arrived, they all sat in silence drinking their water. She didn't know what to say, or how to form the sentence. Instead, she reached for the photo in the manilla folder she carried, and passed it to her grandfather.

She watched as his expression grew dark. The blurred photo of a woman with white hair sat in his palms. His eyes met his granddaughters, "Arian..."

"I know," the grim aura surrounded the three. They both knew what this meant, either a Warzone wolf was still alive, or it could be an old photo. With no more information on this matter, it was hard to tell which it was.

Her grandfather stood up, "I'll need to show this to the rest of the council," he moved towards his coat, slipping it on. "Arian, keep an eye on this. If you find anything else on this matter, you contact me immediately." She nodded. He shoved the picture into his pocket, then moved in front of Arian, "swear it," his eyes locked with hers.

She held his gaze, "I, Arian Floren, swear to you, Lander Ronin of The Elders, that I will guard this secret until told otherwise," they held each others gaze for a moment more, before Arian and her mate had to leave.

The two slipped into the car, and once again, rode in silence.

________________
Sorry for the shorter chapter guys!
Also, do you guys remember Lander?
_________________