Chapter 10

She sat straight with a tight smile. Brian watched as his mate did a complete 180 from her behavior the night before. Her clothing was an unusual sight. No cleavage was shown, and her girly dress reminded him of pepto bismol. Her makeup was natural with a dash of pink gloss. Brian didn't like this look; she looked like a glass doll, but his mate was nothing of the sort. She was fragile and easy to break, she was strong and powerful; more like a soldier than anything else.

With shoulders hunched and his head down, Brian sneaked glances towards his mate as she moved to nibble on a finger sandwich. His chocolate eyes watched as a fake giggle passed through her pouty lips.

"I've missed you, Arian," Brian moved his eyes towards the blonde woman. She wore a pink top, along with a pair of jeans and flats. It was obvious to him that this woman was no friend of his mate as he watched the blonde woman's eye look his mate up and down.

Brian huffed at the sight of the jealous woman. He was not surprised to see another jealous of his mate. Arian was crafted by the gods and sent to him; a blessing. Arian rested her soft hand on top of Brian's, enjoying the tingles that danced on her skin.

With another tight lip smile, Arian rose up to lead the blonde visitor towards the door. "I'll see you soon, Sarah," Arian giggled. Returning a goodbye, Sarah turned and left the pack house.

As the female Alpha watched the door close, her shoulders loosened, her eyebrows scrunched together, her nose flared, her posture completely changing. A snarl left her mouth as she climbed the stairs to her room, Brian following closely behind.

He watched as she ripped the nauseating pink dress off. He watched as she wiped the makeup off her face in such an aggressive manner, but stayed silent as his mate regained her composure. "Stupid witches," she snarled, launching her pearl necklace off of her neck.

With a tight fitting black blouse and dark blue jeans, Arian had finally calmed down. Her eyes settled onto her mate, "come, we have much to do," she pulled him out of the room.

"With all these idiotic threats coming to our pack, I have enlisted some help," she told her mate as they continue to walk down the hall. "The Raven Coven, owe me many favors. They will be one of our biggest allies," she threw open the door to her office.

Brian moved to sit as he watched his mate make her way towards her desk, "one of... of your allies?," his voice coming out as a whisper.

Her eyes landed on her lanky mate, "yes, one." She bit on her bottom lip as Brian noticed her hesitance. With a breath out, Arian moved towards her mate, sitting beside him on the sofa.

"It isn't only my pack in danger, Brian," she moved to caress his face, "the Rogue Pack, the Mountain Ash Pack, and the Power Pack have all been threatened."

Brian's eyes widened at the mention of the Power Pack, "they are all being threatened by that...man?"

Brian watched as a scowl formed on his mate's face, "originally, he wasn't...but, after seeing all those rogues with him, it's safe to say that he is apart of their plan. Mostly likely, the leader," she brought her hand away from her mate as she got back up, and moved to her desk.

"Are you scared?"

Arian's eyes zoomed into the chocolate eyes of her mate, "I can't afford to be scared," with that said, Arian started on her paperwork as Brian watched his mate.

As the sun began to set, Brian and Arian sat at the dinner table among the rest of the pack. Everyone chattered about as the plates of steak and potatoes were placed in front of them. Arian watched as smiles graced the faces of her pack. She saw their relaxed posture and felt their happiness seep through their pores. They were like one big family.

Brian watched the pack members as well. He saw as they laughed and smiled, but he also saw what they didn't see coming. A bang echoed through the room, his mate had slammed her fists onto the dinner table. Every wolf snapped their neck towards the female Alpha, all with a look of worry.

Her chair scraped the ground as she stood, "so many happy faces, and yet I have no information in my hands," her red eyes gleaming, making some wolves shiver in their seats. "Will somebody tell me why I have not gotten the information needed to kill Alpha Reynolds, or news on the rogues who attacked us!" She snarled.

Her eyes scanned the room, every wolf had their necks bared to her. The scent of fear enveloped the room, Brian wondered if he too had to bare his neck.

With one more scan of the room, Arian sat back down, "I am not angry, but you are my pack. I expect more from all of you." The room became less tense as the Alpha began to eat.

The pack knew their Alpha would never hurt them, she only wanted the best for them, and now they had failed her. Dinner had continued that night in absolute silence as Arian thought of the many ways she could torture her grandfather.

A wonderful sight, Arian thought as she pictured herself yanking the teeth of her grandfather, and using them for a pretty necklace.