Chapter 12

"She is an Oracle. The only known one," Arian explained to her mate. Brian nodded in acknowledgment, his eyes silently yelling at her to continue. "Alpha Kreed is a distant cousin of mine," she smiled, "my grandfather from my mothers side is cousins with his father."

Brian sat up, "who is his father?"

"The old King." Arian sat waiting for a reaction, but none came. Brian had already guessed from the previous day that Alpha Kreed had to be from some high ranking pack. The powerful aura he held, almost choked him to death. Arian sighed as she moved to her desk, plopping down onto her chair, "go train, mate. I have work to do, and you need to get stronger."

Brian lazily got up, following one of the guards out the door, and to the training grounds. He hoped he could skip out a few more days on training, but Arian had caught onto his little scheme. He would lightly touch her hand, or play with her hair. With a simple touch, Arian couldn't stand to push him away.

Brian moved towards his parents once he arrived. His father seemed to be taking the lessons well, his mother still seemed confused. Brian listened and watched as one of the guardsmen showed him how to properly throw a punch. It was quite the pathetic show, causing many wolves around them to stifle a laugh.

His cheeks grew a rosy pink as he saw the wolves judge his lack of strength and skill, but none outwardly laughed or pointed. The pack wolves all knew how the female Alpha would react if anyone were to hurt Brian's feelings. Their dead body would be right beside the skull of her dead father.

Hours of training went by, leaving Brain exhausted. His clothing was drenched in sweat, his muscles sore, his head slightly pounding. It was a relief when he finally dropped himself into the hot bath that awaited him. Bubbles filled to the brim, candles lit around him. He had never had such luxury.

He closed his eyes, enjoying the silence and the hot water that wrinkled his skin. His body tensed as he felt sparks erupt on his arm, moving up and down teasingly. His eyes stayed closed as he enjoyed the small shocks. In fact, he felt even better knowing his mate was with him. She kept him safe, she made him comfortable, she was his saviour.

A content hum vibrated throughout his body as he felt his mate scrub his arms and neck. Though, he felt slightly self-conscious, his mind was put to rest as he realized the many bubbles that covered his form. He layed there for a while, enjoyed the soft shampooing and conditioning of his brown locks.

It wasn't until the firm lips that pressed against his, that Brian shot his eyes open. He watched as his mate smirked sensually at him, moving back in to pepper kisses along his chin to his ear, to his neck. Brian had never felt something so delightful; a feathery touch.

Arian continued her assault, enjoying how relaxed her mate was. She had only come into the room to ask how training went, but upon seeing his pale flesh in candle light, she couldn't resist. Her lips moved across his cheeks, and back to his rosy lips. She could tell Brian did not have any experience, but this did not bother her. Instead, she felt nothing but happiness.

The two wolves locked lips in a gentle caress, forgetting the world for a few minutes. It wasn't long til Arian pulled back with a sigh, she had alot of work to complete, "Meet me in my office when you are done," she whispered into his ears. Brian gave a nod, then watched as his mate sauntered away.

After his bath, Brian had changed into sweatpants and a tee. His feet padded through the halls, finding the door to his mate's office, opening it, and sitting down in his usual seat. He layed on the sofa, grabbing a new book from the small coffee table, and read as his mate worked. This had been their routine, Arian working as Brian read a book.

The silence in the office was calming, and refreshing. Arian was used to the quiet, it had always made her feel lonely. However, with Brian in the room, she felt content.

Two hours had passed when Beta Jacobs burst into the room. The abrupt entrance caused Arian to jump from her spot and move into a defensive stance. She quickly relaxed when she saw the face of her most trusted friend.

"Alpha, we have news on Alpha Reynolds," hearing the name of the rat-faced man, Arian smiles in glee, ripping the manilla envelope from her Beta's grip. Jacob's left the room instantly, going back to watch over the pack line.

A haunting smile covers the female Alpha's face as she rips into the envelope. However, her smile didn't last long, as a photograph shook her to her core. Brian felt the air in the room change. Instantly, he was on his feet, moving over towards his mate. His shoulders were haunched as he looked at the photograph in her hand.

Brian's features turn into one of confusion. Why was his mate so scared of what she saw, he thought. He took the blurry photo from her shaky hands, a woman with white hair. How peculiar?