Chapter 17

The days seemed to pass quickly as the Alpha and her mate grew closer with each day that passed. Elizabeth couldn't help the unsettling feeling that rumbled in her stomach as she watched the pair grow closer. Elizabeth's mate, Ben, often told her that she was feeling unsettled simply because Arian had all of Brian's attention. Elizabeth knew that her mate was wrong, her gut felt something coming, something bad.

Arian picked the scrambled eggs onto her spoon, then motioned for Brian to open his mouth. The pair had began feeding each other two days ago. Brian stabbed his fork into a piece of melon, then fed it to his mate. Brian couldn't help the feeling of happiness that bubbled in his stomach as he and his mate grew closer.

He had always dreamed of the perfect mate; someone to care, love, and appreciate him. Brian always assumed his mate would be an omega. He pictured his life still with Alpha Reynolds. He'd dream that his mate would be the light at the end of the tunnel, that no matter how hard his day was, she'd be there for him. They'd cherish the moments they would share together, sleep in each others arms, and vow to one day leave the pack, but fate had other plans. The moon goddess had him mated to an alpha, and not just any alpha, the only female alpha in existence. A wolf who was known as the Red Devil.

The two shared a kiss after clearing their plates. They continued to talk amongst themselves as the pack chattered around them. Breakfast had become one of the pack's favorite events. They were always shocked, and happy to see their Alpha so calm and content. It was a rare sight.

The pack had been through it all with her. All the violence, all the death, all the sadness, all the guilt. They knew she was a killer just as her father and brother, she had killed many of their fellow pack mates; brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers. However, it wasn't until the day they saw her own brother wield a silver dagger, and ram it through her shoulder, that day they realised who the bigger monster was.

That day was the first time Arian had ever been attacked with silver by her own blood. She had always assumed the sibling rivalry was silly childs play, but when her brother attacked, she knew it was a battle to the death. Her brother wanted her gone, permanently. That was the first time the pack had ever seen the female alpha cry. She couldn't believe her brother would stoop so low. The pack all saw the tears trickle from her eyes, the fear etched onto her face. Her father was shocked as well.

When he had witnessed the stabbing, his body had flushed in anger. He had began to walk towards his son, about to reprimand him, but then Arian stood up. She picked herself from the floor, wiped her tears, then ripped the dagger out without a flinch. That was the day the Red Devil was born. Her eyes had always been an electric blue, even in wolf form, but that day, a gleaming red appeared. That was also the day Alpha Valentine, Arian's father, realized his daughter had inherited more of her mothers genes.

Her brother had gasped in horror as he saw the deep pools of red. Her teeth elongated, her claws grew, and her wound had closed within seconds. A dominating, haunting aura had filled the entire pack, all radiating off of Arian. A powerful growl had escaped into the air, all bowed and lowered to the ground. No one could move, it was like she had control over every single wolf. Arian had been just as surprised. As soon as she realized what had occurred, she scurried off and wasn't seen for an entire week.

The pair moves into the office, as usual, and began their daily work. Arian had began giving Brian bits of work, slowing transitioning him into the luna role. The pair worked productively, stealing glances every so often until it was time for lunch.

Arian had decided after lunch, they would go and train privately. The female alpha no longer wanted any other hands to touch her mate.

Once they finished the sandwiches, the pair walked towards the training room; where an unknowing suprise would lie.