Chapter 19

"You're cute when you blush," Brian pinched his mates' pink cheeks. An airy laugh escaped him as Arian slapped his hand away.

"I prefer alluring," Arian rolled her blue eyes, "but I guess cute works too." She sat up and jumped out of bed, leaving a groaning Brian behind.

Brian watched as Arian combed her auburn hair and put the small dashes of makeup onto her poreless skin. Today the two would have another date, this time in the city.

The female alpha soon left the room and entered her office, where her beta sat waiting. She quickly glance at her beta then gave a nod, "the Sirem Pack are pushing to take territory again," her beta announced.

Arian's eyebrows pinched together at the news. The Sirem Pack was right next to hers, they have not caused a commotion in over four years. The female alpha could only assume they were trying to steal her land simply because there is a new alpha running the Rikers Pack, "say it."

Her beta swallowed, "Alpha Ben thinks you are too weak to fight back. He thinks he can conquer not only a portion of our land, but the whole pack-"

Beta Jacobs was cut off with a growl, "he thinks he can take my land," she slammed her hands onto the table. Her eyes pierced her Beta's, "we will show him who I am tomorrow," she decided with a smirk.

Tomorrow was the annual Alpha's meeting. It was a three day event with a dinner the first day, a ball the next, and the meeting on the final day. It was a day that packs could be civil, and talk about the arising problems that affect them all.

Back in the bedroom, Brian pulled his body out of bed and jumped into the shower. He relished in the warm water that pounded against his pale skin. His hands moved through the chocolate curls, shampooing and conditioning.

Stepping out of the shower, the mirror caught his attention. His eyes grew wide as his hands immediately found their way towards his stomach. His abdomen was toned and looking more defined then the days previous, all the training paying off. He was astonished with the results. Eventhough he was still thin and lanky, now he had some definition.

He moved to the closet quickly, taking his time in choosing his clothes. Brian had a new found confidence, and tonight he would show it on his date. He rummaged through until he found a dressy shirt and nice pants. Tonight he decided he would do his hair as well. After a few tutorials he found searching the web, Brain had a comb running through his hair, and gel in the palm of his right hand.

He stood in front of the mirror admiring his appearance for a moment. It was a strange sensation for him; actually liking how he looked. Will she like my hair this way, Brian thought to himself. Thinking that his mate will find him irresistible tonight, Brian had a skip in his step as he left the room and went in search of his mate.

It wasn't long be the pair were cruising the busy streets of the city. Brian was glad to finally roam about and explore. Every one of his sense were put to the test as he stopped to smell the Rose bush, tasted new desserts, pet a small dog, heard the hundreds of conversations floating about, and see the bright smile that covered Arian's face. She seemed to be lost in a haze as she pulled Brian to different areas. It was a new experience for him to witness such a sight. He wanted to stop by a restroom, but restrained himself for fearing his mate's smile would evaporate as soon as he opened his mouth. Instead, he stayed quiet and allowed her to drag him about.

By the end of the night, many memories were made. The pair vowed to come back into the city at least twice a year.

Steeping back into the pack house was bittersweet, but the female alpha knew they could only be in the public eye for so long. Anything could happen while she was away, especially with the many threats made towards Rikers Pack

"Today was fun," Arian stated as she dropped her bag onto the sofa.

Brian smiled, "it was," he leaned his head onto her shoulder. A content sigh left his rosy lips as Arian threaded her fingers through his curls, "I wish we could stay here forever," he whispered.

All Arian could do was sadly smile down at her mate, "we have somewhere to be tomorrow-"

"I know..."