Chapter 11

Arian stood at the entrance of her pack, her mate to her right. Her crystal eyes wandered to the skull that sat on a pike. Her father's skull would remain there, so everyone who entered knew who they were up against; the girl who killed her family for the title.

Brian held his head half-up, subconsciously remembering that a wolf in his position shouldn't have his head down. He stood quietly beside his mate as her eyes continued to scan the area. Today, the rogue alpha and his mate would visit. Arian had spoke very fondly of the two, apparently she got along with Luna Violet. Brian was shocked to hear this, he couldn't wrap his mind around Arian being friends with anyone.

His head smacked up when his mate lightly nudged his side. In the far distance, Brian could see the silhouettes of many.

"Stand straight," his mate ordered. Brian quickly erected his form, fearing what would happen if the rogue alpha saw his submissive stance. Brian's nerves multiplied as the alpha now stood in front of them. Beside him stood a pretty girl with amethyst eyes; a strange sight. He stared straight into the rare colored eyes, she isnt a normal wolf, he thought to himself. As he continued to gaze at her eyes, he was suddenly reminded of another unusual eye color; his mate's.

Arian's eyes changed to a deep, bloody red. A red that no other wolf is known to have, well none that Brian knows of. His eyebrow quirked at this new information. The rogue alpha, the Power Pack, Alpha Rush, and my mate, are the main targets of the rogues, Brian thought, something had to pin them all together. A growl caused Brian to jump, a warning from the rogue alpha.

Kreed glared at the thin wolf, "why is this wolf staring at my mate," his fists clenched as he spoke.

Brian cowered back as the menacing wolf moved foward. Arian moved quickly in front of her mate, "my mate means no harm, Alpha Kreed. I'm sure his curiosity got the best of him," her face remaining unfazed as she spoke. Kreed huffed in response, his form calming down as his Luna wrapped a hand on his arm.

Arian gave a nod to follow. It was a strange sight to see the rogue alpha with his Luna. Wolves around the country knew nothing about them, only the stronger, top wolves knew of them. Arian led the Alpha and his group towards her office, a safe place to talk.

Upon arrival, Alpha Kreed dismissed his guards, leaving only the female alpha, his mate, and Brian in the office. Luna Violet smiled brightly towards Arian, "I'm very happy to see you have found your mate," her amethyst eyes twinkling.

Arian shot a smile towards the Luna, "yes, I'm very happy as well. Did you leave the little peanut at home?"

Kreed spoke up, "no. He is staying with my family." Arian's eyebrow shot up at this information. She knew the rogue alpha and his family were not close. "He is safest with them while we are here," he answered, already knowing her silent question.

Arian gave a nod, then began to riffle through her desk drawers. She pulled out the crystal she had gotten from Alpha Reynolds, putting it into the hands of Luna Violet. Brian noticed the sad features come over the Luna. He saw as she examined the crystal, rubbing it between her fingers, feeling the textures if it. Then a smile came over her face, her sad eyes meeting Arian's, "thank you".

Brian sat back and observed the three powerful wolves. He stayed quiet as he tried to put the pieces together. He even heard bits of new, and surprising information. He listened as his mate showed camera footage of the rogues that attacked. The first day he arrived here, Arian had told him she kept surveillance on everyone. She said it is what kept her pack safe from attacks.

He watches as Alpha Kreed and Luna Violet watch the videos. Luna Violet had recognized one of the wolves, a brown wolf with matted fur and some missing patches. It was the wolf who killed her parents. Alpha Kreed comforted his mate as her eyes turned glossy. Arian looked uncomfortable at the display of emotions. From the stories she told him, Brian could understand why her gaze was so distant and cold. She was not loved; she was trained to be this way. The Red Devil.

Brian's eyes grew wide at the sight that now met him. The Rogue Luna was chanting as she held onto the crystal. Her eyes turned a milky white as silent whimpers passed through her lips. His body grew shaky, his heart began to beat faster, fear coursed through him. Her eyes changed back to their unnatural color, "they are going after Alpha Rush,"  her eyes meeting Arian's then Alpha Kreed's.

A scowl grew on his mate's face, he knew she wasn't happy. "Alpha Rush will be fine," she plopped down onto the sofa, "he is a strong wolf. Alpha Kreed, you should consider staying with your family until it is time to fight". Arian's body slumped beside him, the bags under her eyes looking more prominant.

"You want us to cower back!" Kreed, obviously angry by Arian's words, but she did not seem fazed.

She took a breath, "Kreed, let us not do this dance of who has more balls," Brian's eyes bulged out at his mate's words. "You have a son, he needs to be protected. You and your pack are safer with your family. When it is time to fight, I promise, you will be apart of it."

She stood up, "allow me to handle this. It is my grandfather after all. I'm the only one capable of bringing him down." The female alpha stood toe-to-toe with the rogue Alpha. Brian feared Alpha Kreed would lash out at his mate for her disrespectful words, but was surprised when they gave a brief hug.

Kreed smiled at Arian, "please be careful. You are the only cousin I speak to. It would be a shame if you died," he chuckled at the end.

It wasn't long before the Rogue Alpha and Luna left the pack. Brian's brain was swirling with questions as he and his mate got ready for bed. He laid under the covers, waiting for Arian to join. She walked across the room and hopped into bed, "I'll explain tomorrow," she kissed her mate goodnight.

Brian stayed up watching the stars. His hand threaded through his mates hair, it was only a few minutes before his eyes closed too.