.3

*Please excuse any typos and other errors, these take a while to write and I want to post them immediately after for you all, so they're not edited, thank you!*

As Emma made her way towards school, she thought about the night before and how hard it must have been for Grayson to go through. Grayson was such a sweetheart, and the way Ethan spoke was disgusting. She had hoped they'd made up by now because the dinner was tonight, and they'd be meeting her father. Her father was nice to Ellie so she didn't worry much, but then again, they're boys.

Emma walked into the warm school and started her search for Ellie. Ellie was usually at the front, but she wasn't this morning, which was weird. Emma looked down to check the time on her phone as she turned a corner. She suddenly bumped into someone.

"Oh I'm so sorry- Oh, hi. I'm really sorry," Ethan just looked at her, even though her expression was the cutest thing he'd ever seen, and wanted to tell her but couldn't.

"It's fine, I wasn't paying attention either," Ethan smiled. Emma placed a hand on his shoulder, but quickly removed it as soon as he glanced at it.

"Oh... Um anyways, where's Gray? He's like, always with you," Ethan shrugged.

"Don't know, lost him after we came in. He's still very upset with me, I feel terrible." Emma just nodded slowly.

"Well sorry again. I need to find Ellie, see you later at dinner?" Ethan nodded and Emma continued walking by him. Ethan watched as she walked away and smiled before walking the opposite direction. It wasn't long until Emma found Ellie in the girls bathroom, crying. Emma rushed to sit against the wall and comfort her friend, scaring her a little.

"Ah- oh Em, y-you scared me," Ellie wiped her face and took a deep breath.

"El, what's wrong? Are you okay? Who did it?" Ellie just stared at the floor and played with her fingers for a second before answering.

"I'm a bad friend," Emma cocked her head to the side with a confused expression.

"Never. Why do you say that?" Ellie looked at Emma.

"Because I know something and want to tell you but I can't. One, because I was asked to but two, you'll be mad at me," Emma was still confused but just hugged her friend.

"I- Y- El, look you'll always be my bestie no matter what. I won't be mad, but now you have to tell me," Emma thought it was fair that way. Because why mention it if you are just gonna continue keeping it a secret after?

"O-okay, promise?" Emma nodded. "I spoke to Ethan and I told him about what you felt," Emma's eyes widened and she released Ellie from the hug.

"What?" Emma asked shocked. She didn't think that's what Ellie would say.

"I'm sorry, he just came up and asked me some questions about you, really weird ones. One of them being about a feeling. I had to, that means he felt it too. That means he likes you Emma, okay? That's good right?" Emma stared at her friend in disbelief, but slid down against the wall to sit with Ellie.

"He doesn't like me. A guy like that liking me? No, he must've meant a different feeling, that's all. He probably meant I made him feel weirded out," Emma blurted out without thinking. But this was the only thing that would make sense. Ethan Dolan would never like her. Plus he has a girlfriend so it didn't matter.

Emma and Ellie walked to gym together and talked some more, Ellie eventually agreed with Emma. Ethan liking her meant nothing if he had a girlfriend, and maybe he didn't really like her. After gym, Emma made her way to math and found a happy Grayson, as compared to last night and she smiled as she took a seat beside him. They talked for a bit about the dinner tonight. Her mom was making some healthy casserole-type thing and fixing a huge salad for everyone. Grayson then told Emma about how after he and Ethan arrived home, Ethan was pestering him with questions about James. Like what his first period was and when he had lunch and how did they meet. Grayson didn't answer anything and Ethan eventually gave up and went to bed. Emma rolled her eyes because it sounded like an Ethan thing to do, even though she hadn't known him that long.