.8

*Grayson's POV*

Wednesday started like any other. Grayson rubbed his eyes as he stretched and got out of bed, looking at his reflection in the mirror. He had been working out more in an attempt to impress James, and it was working. He jumped in the shower and let the warm water flow over his body. Grayson loved morning showers. They woke him up and set him up for the day. After showering, Gray pulled a shirt over his head and matched it's color to black skinnies, topping the look off with a grey beanie. Grayson loved fashion and tried to make it known with his outfits. Of course James had been helping a lot as well.

It was weird without his mom and dad there this week. A lot had happened since they'd left, but he was sure they'd be caught up when they arrived home Friday. Once Grayson was dressed and ready to go, he found Ethan scrolling through Instagram on his phone sitting in the kitchen.

"Ready bro?" Ethan looked up at Grayson and almost laughed at his outfit.

"Yeah, but one question dude," Gray lifted an eyebrow. "What are you wearing?" He looked lost. Gray stood watching him unamused until Ethan calmed.

"Shut up, at least I put effort into my outfits! Let's go I don't wanna be late."

School was pretty normal today as well. Gray arrived and immediantly found James, placing a small kiss to his cheek, causing James to smile deeply. Gray loved making James smile, it was the best smile ever. Once they caught up on activities they had missed of each other's lives, the day seemed to drag on by. Although math was okay considering Emma was pretty much back to normal. Ethan still hadn't approached Maya yet, but Gray knew he would at some point today.

"So E hasn't done anything. He promised he would but if he had, she would've texted again by now, threatening me." Gray nodded.

"Yeah, he's probably waiting until after school. Probably doesn't wanna cause a scene," which was true. Ethan didn't really care so much about calling someone out in front of people. He'd rather do it quietly and watch the person suffer. That may sound off but oh well.

"Well no offense but I have to be here all day, with her, and if she comes near me, I'll literally freak out. I'm just not the type to stick up for myself," Emma stated.

"Well maybe learn, it would help you a lot." Emma nodded and then Mr. Epperson started yapping about homework assignments.

Grayson listened and Emma tried but she kept thinking of Maya. Eventually the class ended and Grayson headed to third period, which he had with James. It was his favorite time of day. Although, James wasn't wearing makeup today which was unusual but Grayson didn't mind him without it. He was cute either way. It had become a routine that they would sit closely together in class, close enough to hold hands without being seen. Sometimes James would rub Grayson's thighs and make Gray shiver. James enjoyed it, making Gray loose his cool.

"Babe, stop. You know it makes meEee," Grayson started to whisper and James moved his hand further up his thigh.

"Okay, fine. But hold my hand and love me," James said without thinking. Grayson smiled a huge, cute smile.

"Of course, I'll love you all you want," Grayson said, kind of cringing at himself because it was cheesy.

Eventually school ended and after grabbing Ethan, they headed to the parking lot where they met Emma, Gray offered to let her ride with them since they would be at the same place anyways. They all chatted about their days and Emma started the conversation about how Ethan still hadn't said anything to Maya. Ethan reassured her that he would, but he needed time. But maybe his chance was coming sooner than expected.

"Guys, speak of the devil. Satan herself is heading right for us," Emma joked, surprisingly not stuttering because she was nervous.

"Ethan Grant! I'm gonna smack the ever loving piss out of you," Ethan crossed his arms and bucked up towards Maya.

"For what? Minding my business? Or maybe for not sending Emma rude texts?" Maya turned her head straight for Emma who looked away quickly.

"Why are you with that bitch anyways? I'm your girlfriend and you're gonna sto-"

"Oh no, no no. I'm not your boyfriend, you're not my girlfriend. That's what the last text said that I sent you, remember? While on the subject of all these text, if I ever," Ethan started and stepped closer to Maya's face. "You're, or read another text from you to Emma like that again, you're dead. D E A D."

Maya laughed.

"Uh huh, Ethan keep talking, you know I like it," she bit her lip teasingly. Grayson clinched his fist.

"Shut up, go away! Ethan's right, if we ever read a text like that again it's not gonna be pretty," Grayson added. Maya rolled her eyes.

"You don't scare me. Ethan loves me, even if he doesn't wanna admit it," she glanced at Emma. "Sorry sweetie, he doesn't date trash like you."

Something mentally ticked in Grayson's head. He rushed towards her as James ran up noticing the commotion from afar, and before he could anything out, a piercing scream was heard.

Maya took off running, while Emma screamed and James busted into tears. Ethan fell to his knees and scrambled to his brothers side.

"Grayson! Hello? Grayson!" He shouted as people gathered, reactions of 'oh my god' and 'holy shit' could be heard throughout the crowd.

Grayson remembered hearing everything, but he couldn't speak. All he could do was look around, and even then his vision was blurry, he glanced down towards the pain that coursed through his body and all he could see was red. Ethan's hands where red, James' hands where red, and Emma was having a panic attack as she knelt beside him.

Maya had a trick up her literal sleeve.

*Flashback from Emma's POV*

Grayson rushed towards Maya as James came running over to see what the noise was about, but before Grayson could yell at her some more to leave them alone, Maya reached quickly into her jacket sleeve and extend a shiny object. Before anybody could react, Maya took off running as Grayson screamed in pain.

Emma started freaking out as usual as James busted into tears and they all rushed to Grayson's side as the crowd grew around them.

All anyone could hear was 'oh my god' and 'holy shit' from every direction. They had to see what was happening. What had happened to Grayson Dolan.

All Emma could say was, Maya Harper happened.

Maya Harper took a knife from her jacket sleeve and plunged it into Grayson's side. Blood was everywhere.

But Maya ran and didn't stop.

*End flashback*

Ethan shouted for someone to call 911, and many people did. At this point everything sunk in. Maya, Emma, Grayson, everything that had happened in the close to two weeks since being here.

Ethan's eyes filled with tears and he ran his hands through his twins blood. His eyes met with Emma's, who's hand was over her mouth despite being covered as well, and they stared at each other until sirens could be heard closer and closer.

Ethan nor Emma could explain it, but in that moment when their eyes met each other's, everything felt as if it would all go away and be okay.

It had to be.

Right?...

~•~

A/N: I hated doing that to my baby tbh. But I hope this was worth it. I kinda don't know how to feel but I've had this planned a while. It will all come together. I promise.

Thank you,

Dolansancturary 💙