Chapter One

“Okay class,no homework for the weekend.”

A chorus of ‘yes’ went through the class and Yasmin shook her head with a slight smile.She glanced up at the clock and looked back at her class,”Pack away,bell will ring in a few minutes.”

The students begun to pack their stuff away and Yasmin did the same,she put her laptop in her bag and gathered the papers on her table.

Just as she got done the bell rang and after greeting her students,they left the classroom.Yasmin picked up her stuff and carried it to the teachers staffroom,she greeted the teachers that left as she entered.She put a few assignments into a file and after making sure she had everything she made her way out.

She put a few assignments into a file and after making sure she had everything she made her way out

Yasmin sighed as she opened her flat door and put everything on the kitchen counter.She looked around with bored eyes,the creme furniture sat against the wall and suns rays came through the windows,making her blink her eyes.

Always make sure your house is bright so you never dull.

A voice resonated though her eyes and Yasmin bit back bile,but a home without a family is just a house.That's all.

She made her way to her room,throwing away all those thoughts and after kicking off her shoes,she went to the bathroom.

Yasmin took a nice,long shower and then came out only to dress into a black jeans and black top.She slipped on black pumps and put on a black hijab.

Yasmin put her handbag on her arm and grabbed the pot of food that she had cooked that morning after Fajr.

Ten minutes later,Yasmin pulled up at a driveway and she got out of her car to open the gate.She got back into the car and drove in.

“As salaam mu alaykum Yasmin.” Yasmin smiled at the domestic worker,Ayesha.

“Wa alaykum mu salaam Ayesha.Please can you help me take the food inside?”

“Jee.” Ayesha came forward and she took the pot from the boot and Yasmin grabbed the other one.They walked into the house and Yasmin smiled at the first person she saw.

“As salaam mu alaykum ma.” Yasmin leaned down to kiss ma while Ayesha came back to take the pot from her hand.

“Wa alaykum mu salaam Yasmin.Come sit.” Yasmin took a seat and watched as ma,looked up from her bowl of fruit.

“How was your day,Yasmin?”

“Alhumdullilah it was good,but even more so alhumdullilah it's the weekend.I can do with a break.”

Ma smiled at her tired expression and Yasmin glanced around,”Where's papa?”

At this ma lost her smile and she rolled her eyes,”You know how papa is,he went to the fruit aunty to buy more fruit because you come.”