Chapter Twenty-Six

TO ALL MY BEAUTIFUL READERS, THOSE WHO MAKE THEMSELVES KNOWN AND THOSE WHO ARE QUIET:

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! YOU MATTER! YOU MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE! SO LIFT YOUR HEAD DARLING, YOU ARE A QUEEN!

***

Yasmin had her earphones in her ears and a naat blasting as she reached for the vanilla essence that sat on the top shelf.She put it down and took a teaspoon,pouring some into the mixing bowl.After she did that she reached for the other ingredients.It was a nice warm day and after Huzaifa had told her he wanted something sweet to eat she had decided to make a nice cake.

She put a cup of coconut,two tablespoons of cinnamon and a cup of chopped almonds into the mixture.As she mixed it through she could not help but smile.Alhumdulilah,nana had been released from hospital and now he along with nani they were at her parents house.She could not be more relieved and happy.She poured the mixture into the baking pan and slid it into the preheated oven.

Yasmin reminded herself that she had to change into pants before Huzaifa came home,otherwise he would see her in a pair of shorts and t-shirt.It was boiling hot and she refused to wear pants until he came home.Yet that thought slipped when she pulled the cake out of the oven,she put it to cool as she begun to make a chocolate ganache.When she got done she poured the ganache over the cake,sprinkling coconut and almonds over the ganache.She put the cake into the oven before beginning to wash the dishes and clean up.

Huzaifa walked into the house,shaking his head at the sight of Cake sun basking near the sliding doors that lead to the backyard and he begin walking towards the kitchen where he heard the clanking of metal.He smiled at the smell of baking in the air,she had listened to his rant about wanting something sweet but when he walked into the kitchen,he was stopped in his tracks.His mouth fell open,as his feet felt as if they were stuck to the ground with cement.Standing in front of him,was his beautiful wife walking barefoot wearing a t-shirt and a pair of shorts that sat against her midthigh.He would be lying if he said he did not allow his eyes to get the better of him and trail,along her legs which were beautiful.This was his first time seeing her expose so much skin and his mind went blank.He did not know how he would let her know that he was present so he looked down,contemplating his options when he heard her gasp.

Yasmin's eyes went wide when she turned to see Huzaifa at the door,looking down and she froze in her place.Omg I forgot to go change and his here.Someone save me please.

She pulled her earphones out,"Ahhh,hi?"

Huzaifa lifted his head ever slightly only to smile at Yasmin's flustered face and he looked her in the eye,"Hi.How was your day,baby girl?" He asked keeping his eyes on her own,not letting it travel.He did not wish to make this any more awkward for Yasmin then it already was,he hoped he succeeded though.

"Hot.Really hot." Yasmin said,hoping that would give Huzaifa an answer as to why she decided to wear shorts.Huzaifa nodded as he walked towards her causing Yasmin to bite her lip and look at him,wondering what was going through his mind at that moment.

Huzaifa stopped in front of Yasmin,he kept his eyes on her own as she looked up at him and he bent to kiss her forehead.When he moved back he saw that Yasmin had let go off her lip yet her eyes were filled with embarrassment,so he decided to make this easy for her.

"It is pretty hot.How about we go out for ice cream after supper?"

"I wouldn't mind that." Yasmin told him with a smile and Huzaifa turned to walk away,only to stop at the door.He turned his head slightly,almost looking over his shoulder.