Chapter Twenty-Nine

To anyone who needed to hear this today:

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! YOU MATTER! YOU MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE! YOU ARE WORTH EVERYTHING THE WORLD HAS TO OFFER! SO LIFT YOUR HEAD DARLING, YOU ARE A  QUEEN!

***

Yasmin sat down on the bed,reaching down so that she could slip her feet into her heels easily.She smiled up at her husband,when he walked out of the closet dressed to impress in a suit.A suit that made him look like he belonged on the front page of a GQ magazine.His tie matched her blood red dress while her shoes matched his black suit,including his dress shirt.

Huzaifa reached for the watch she had bought him,tugging it over his hand and snapping it into place.Hs eyes trailed his wife who had stood up,looking through her small purse that she had decided to carry for the night.He could not help but gaze at her from top to bottom.She looked beautiful,MashaAllah.He did not realize just how much the color red made her stand out.Normally any other men would be naar that their wives would look better then them but Huzaifa did not feel naar.He felt proud he had such a beautiful wife,someone who made him look better.He picked up her watch when she came closer,holding it out causing her to smile as she took it.

“Jazakallah Zaifs.Are you done?”

Huzaifa nodded as he felt his back pockets,“I just need to get my wallet and phone then we can leave if my wife is done?”

“I am.Your wallet and phone is on the dressing table.Be thankful,I almost sat on your phone.”

Huzaifa snorted as he put the two things in his pocket,“Like it would have broke.You are as light as a feather.”

“Hahaha,funny.” Yasmin turned to walk away,only to yelp when Huzaifa caught a hold of her arm and turned her around to face him.His smile lost,eyes narrowed and hand tightening on his arm.

Ah oh.I had to go and screw that for myself neh!

“You don’t get to be so negative about yourself when I am around and when I’m absent.You are perfect the way you are.You are light as a feather and I know that cause I pick you up whenever I want to.If you weren’t I would have lied and told you,you were.Why?Because you are perfect to me the way you are.”

Yasmin looked at him sheepishly,“Yeah bu-“

Huuzaifa put a finger on her lips,“Yes I know.You can’t see yourself like I do.Me telling you that won’t change anything but I will keep on repeating it until you believe me.I believe that one day you will see yourself the way I see you.As beautiful as always.” Yasmin bit her lip nodding her head and Huzaifa’s eyes caught sight of her lips.He groaned as he cupped her face,his thumb freeing her lip from the torture,“Don’t do that,babe.Your lips will become chapped.”

Yasmin looked at him confused,head tilted a bit to the right and Huzaifa could not help but wonder what good had he done to deserve such a innocent wife,“How will my lips become chapped?I’m keeping them wet.”

Huzaifa shrugged as he finally moved his hand,“I don’t know.Mummy used to tell us that.”

Yasmin rolled her eyes,“She probably used to tell you your lips would become fat not chapped.Your hearing capacity was probably low when mummy used to talk.”

“Are you trying to say that perhaps I was deaf?”

Huzaifa glared at Yasmin who oh-so-innocently smiled at him,“We getting late.Let’s go.” Saying that she grabbed her purse and walked away,calling over her shoulder,“Switch on the alarm.”