Chapter Twenty-Seven

TO ALL MY BEAUTIFUL READERS, THOSE WHO MAKE THEMSELVES KNOWN AND THOSE WHO ARE QUIET:

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! YOU MATTER! YOU MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE! YOU ARE WORTH EVERYTHING THE WORLD HAS TO OFFER! YOU ARE SOMEBODY! YOU ARE POWERFUL! SO LIFT YOUR HEAD DARLING, YOU ARE A QUEEN! 

***

Yasmin put the plates on the table and she moved to put the glasses in front of the plates.She set out the serviettes and took a step back to survey her hand work,nodding her hand when she saw that she did not need to move anything around.Looking at the time,she realized there was only five minutes left before her in-laws and her family would be at the house.She decided to check around one more time,to ensure that everything was in place.After all mother’s had very sharp eyesight when it came to seeing dirt in their daughters and daughter-in-law’s houses.

Did I clean inside the microwave?She asked herself as her memory fell short and she quickly made her way to the kitchen where she let out a sigh of relief at the clean microwave.

“Can you please relax.Our family is coming not some health inspectors.” Yasmin heard Huzaifa say from behind her and she turned to let him see her roll her eyes at him.

“Our mothers are coming to our house for the first,and I swear mothers have this vision to see the tiniest specks of dirt.”

Huzaifa walked towards Yasmin and put his hands on her arms,“Chill.My mother loves you too much to say anything to you and your mother is too chilled to say anything to you.”

“But your foi might just say something and that scares me.”

Huzaifa lost his smile,his lips pulled into a tight line as he thought of the first time they had met and he shook his head,“If she doesn’t want to get an earful again then she’ll keep quiet.This time dada is coming,foi’s really scared of dada so I doubt she’ll talk.”

Yasmin cupped Huzaifa’s face with her one hand as she gave him a pointed look,“Promise me you won’t tell foi any nonsense,even if she does say anything.”

“But-“

Yasmin shook her head,“No,promise me.I don’t want that because of me your relationship with your foi must get ruined.Promise me Zaify.”

Huzaifa glared at his wife but then nodded and he got rewarded with a smile,“I’ll promise on one condition.”

“What condition?” Yasmin asked with a raised eyebrow at which Huzaifa put his hands on her waist and pulled her closer.

“I’ll get unlimited kisses,starting with one now and not forehead kisses,I want other kisses.” Yasmin blushed at Huzaifa’s words,she gazed down as Huzaifa chuckled.After their first kiss,a lot had changed.Huzaifa’s usual forehead kisses had changed to pecks here and there.When he would come back from work,he would give her a peak.When he would leave for work,he would give her a peck.When they would be in the kitchen he would give her a peck.It was not like Yasmin would not do the same.There were time when she would be going out and she would lean in for a peck.When they would be out somewhere she would unintentionally lean in,which lead to many blushing moments.

Yasmin shook her head as she poked out her tongue at Huzaifa,“It’s not like you don’t have unlimited kisses at every time of the day so promise without asking for anything in return.”

Huzaifa rolled his eyes but he smiled,“I promise,now a kiss.” He leaned down to peck her lips which he did before he could do anything further there was a hoot at the gate.Huzaifa pulled away and Yasmin’s eyes went wide as she saw lipstick on his lips when he reached behind her for the gate remote.