Chapter Twelve

Yasmin tied her scarf around her head and she pinned it down.Standing up,she looked at herself in the mirror,she wiped away at the nonexistent wrinkles on her dress,with shaking hands.She had decided to wear a baby blue dress which she paired with a nude scarf and a nude pair of heels.

She had decided to wear a baby blue dress which she paired with a nude scarf and a nude pair of heels

She heard a hoot at the gate and she made her way out of the room that she once called her own.She heard her parents walk out along with her grandparents and Yasmin felt her legs shake.She was a nervous wreck and she hopped no one realized that.

Memories were flashing through her mind of a day so similar to this one.The sky had been gloomy and the smell of fresh soil had filled through the house.She could remember every smell and every thought.

Ya Allah,help me to not compare Huzaifa with Muhammed.Ya Allah,give me my strength to do this.

Yasmin walked into the dinning room which connected to the main lounge a.k.a the guest lounge.Taking deep breaths she heard her parents talk to someone and then footsteps coming closer to the house main door.

Yasmin heard her mother tell someone that the ladies would sit on the dinning table and the men would sit in the lounge.

Yasmin’s stomach twisted and she thanked Allah for having the foresight of not eating that morning.

A very beautiful woman who may have been in her forties entering her fifty’s was the first to come in front of Yasmin.The woman smiled at her as Yasmin stepped forward to greet her.

“As salaam mu alaykum.”

“Wa alaykum mu salaam.” The two woman hugged and the elder woman was the first to pull away.

“MashaAllah,you are even more beautiful now that I can see you properly.My idiot of a son is lucky to have found a woman like you.My name is Asmaa.”

Yasmin felt her cheeks heat up,”Jazakallah aunty Asmaa.”

“Let's hope we can change the aunty to mum.In Sha Allah.”

Yasmin put her hand forward to greet a woman who seemed to be in her early thirty’s.

“As salaam mu alaykum Yasmin.I am Husna,his sister.”

“Wa alaykum mu salaam.” They greeted one another with a hug and a kiss to the cheek.

“MashaAllah my brother has good choice.I must say it's his luck.” Yasmin held back a giggle at the wink that Husna sent her.

The third woman to hug her gave Yasmin a huge smile when she pulled away,”As salaam mu alaykum Yasmin.I’m Fatima,Huzaifa’s sister-in-law.”

“Wa alaykum mu salaam.”

“Please sit.” Ayesha said and they all sat down including Yasmin.

Huzaifa sat nervously in front of Yasmin’s grandfather and father.He was nervous as hell and when he glanced at Yasmin he was greatful to see her hand shaking,a sign that she was nervous as well.