Chapter Twenty

Yasmin picked up a mayonnaise bottle from the shelf and she turned to put it in the trolley.She looked at her list and then looked at Huzaifa who stood at the handle of the trolley.

He didn't look super bored which was a good thing but he did look intrigued at how Yasmin did her shopping.

This happened to be their first grocery shopping together and he seemed more interested then anyone Yasmin had seen doing grocery shopping.

"It's one of our first accomplishments as husband and wife.I wouldn't miss it for anything."

His words had made her smile but she had been unsure until half an hour into their shopping trip.He had asked her a couple of questions,told her his likes and dislikes.Now he stood silently as she lead him through.

A perfect husband.Her perfect husband.

“What do we need now?”

“Now we have to go get Nandos sauce and salad dressing.” Huzaifa pushed the trolley as they made their way to the shelf in the same aisle.She grabbed a Nandos sauce bottle and she glanced at Huzaifa,“Which sauce do you want?”

“I want the Spur sauce.”

Yasmin reached towards the next shelf,“The Peri-Peri one?” Huzaifa nodded and Yasmin reached for it.She also reached for the salad dressing,“Just a couple more things then we can go to Dischem.”

Huzaifa nodded,leaning his hands against the trolley handle,“Then can we go eat?”

Yasmin nodded her head with a smile,“Yes,we will.Do you have worms or something?”

Huzaifa followed Yasmin,glaring at her back,“Why would you think I have worms?”

“Because you always eating.Didn’t you have breakfast before we came?”

“I’m a growing man,I need my food.”

Yasmin rolled her eyes,as she took two loafs of bread and put it in the trolley.She looked at him with a sarcastic smile,“How much more do you need to grow?”

Huzaifa smiled cheekily as he leaned forward,“Until you have to look up at me.”

Yasmin rolled her eyes as they walked to the tills,“I feel like I won’t have to look up at you,I’ll have to grow two pairs of eyes so I’ll be able to see you properly if you eat any more.”

Huzaifa put a hand to his heart and sighed dramatically,“I’m hurt that you think I’ll expand the wrong way.”

Yasmin just shook her head as she put all the groceries on the counter belt and smiled at the till attendant,“Good morning.”

“Good morning.Bags?”

“Yes please.”

The till attendant begun to ring the groceries up and Yasmin took out the money to pay.

“R790.”

Yasmin counted the bundle of money and she gave it to the till attend who completed the transaction.After the bags were put in the trolley they left Checkers.Yasmin looked at Huzaifa who kept on glancing at her.

“What’s wrong?”

“How did you know how much everything would add up to?”

Yasmin chuckled,“The prices of groceries more or less stays the same.I’ve been doing grocery shopping for years and I can estimate what the price would come to.”

Huzaifa looked impressed,“Wow.That’s amazing and here I thought I’m a pro.”

Yasmin snorted,“No you not.You literally walk into the shop and pick up the first item you see.”