Chapter Nine

Yasmin groaned as her phone buzzed at the table and she ignored it getting up to walk around the class.

“Anyone need help?” A few hands went up and Yasmin got up to go to them.As she was helping the second student,she heard her phone ring and cursed herself.She quickly made her way forward and cut the call without seeing who it was.She switched her phone off and turned around only to see one of her students putting away his phone.

“Niyaaz,if I see that phone one more time I will confiscate it.” Niyaaz looked up,his face filled with guilt until he saw the amused look on her face.

“Okay Muallimah.” Yasmin shook her head before packing up her laptop and looking at the class.

“So guys exams are coming soon.I will try to give you guys a run down but no promises.As I say,even if I give you guys a run down you guys have to study yourself.You guys know how to contact me if you'll need help.One thing is the essays.” Groans sounded out and Yasmin chuckled,”Groan and moan all you want but we got to face it.Essays carry most marks in the exams.So I will get the essays from the past papers and give it to you guys.I will also get other worksheets that will help you'll.Now you guys pack up and get ready for your next class.”

Just then the bell rang and Yasmin grabbed her things making her way out.

“Muallimah.” Yasmin turned her head to look at Niyaaz who walked next to her.

“Yes?”

“Thank you for not confiscating my phone.”

“You know my rule.I really don't care if you have your phone just don't use it while we doing work.Don't take it out in the other teachers classes they won't do what I did.Now get going.”

“Jee,jazakallah Muallimah.”

“Ameen.” Yasmin nodded at the boys thankfully as they stopped to let her enter the staff room.

“Yasmin,have you signed the papers?”

Yasmin nodded,”Yes I did.I will just give it to you Nabeela.” Yasmin put everything down on her table and took out the papers from her bag.

“Jazakallah.Are you coming to the meeting tonight?”

“No,I won't be needed.”

“Ahh you lucky.We got to sit there and listen to the board members go on and on.I swear they think we small children.”

Yasmin laughed as she sat down,”Let's hope when Nasir becomes principal we won't be tortured.”

“Can't wait.I need to get to class.See you tomorrow.”

“See you.” Nabeela walked out and Yasmin took out a few assignments that she had to mark.By the time she was done the bell had rung and she picked up her things.

Greeting everyone on the way out she signed out and walked to her car.Gosh she was already dreading the exams that were coming and all the marking she would have to do.

Yasmin walked into her apartment and after setting everything down she took out her phone.

Oh crap,I forgot to switch it on.Yasmin shook her head and she switched her phone on,only to be greeted by numerous missed calls and messages notifications.

Yasmin bit her lip when she saw who had been trying to get a hold of her.Her beautiful mother,Ayesha Khan.Beautiful,amazing mother,even better wife and an amazing sister.Yet also demanding and stubborn on what she wanted.Yasmin knew it would either be another argument of her remarriage or about how Ayeshas brothers were already grandparents.