Chapter Two

Yasmin waited for the complex gate to open when the guard,Thando came to give her something.

"Good afternoon Ma'am.Someone dropped this off for you."

"Thank you Thando." Yasmin smiled at him taking the envelope and she drove to her flat block.

Yasmin was glad that it was finally the holidays and she could stay home all day,doing nothing.

Yasmin entered the flat and after kicking off her shoes she brought the envelope closer.

There was no address,just To Yasmin written on the front.

Wonder who it's from,she though to herself as she begun to open it.Once it was open,Yasmin begun to read it.

As salaam mu alaykum Yasmin
Jeez,in the time of Whatsapp,Facebook,Twitter and email I'm writing a letter.Well you not on those so it was my last choice.Now you probably wondering who's this ass writing a letter to you,it's Zahraa.Your best friend.
I'm not angry at you for cutting all contact with us cause I knew you needed space but now,now I need you.
My nikaah has been fixed,we had a small sherbet and everything's decided.But I can't get married without my best friend next to me.Please.
I'm writing my number at the bottom with a lot of hope that you will decide to attend.
And if you feel like you can't attend my nikaah then in two days which is Sunday im getting the gang together along with my fiance and a few of his friends.
Btw I'm engaged and Sameeha is on her way to her engagement.Farzana is waiting to finish her degree.
So on Sunday we meeting at Mugg & Bean in Sandton City the one on the Cnr Rivonia & Sandton Dr,at 1 o'clock but you can come according to Indian time.It's finally halal like wow can you believe it.
I really hope to see you and introduce you to Farooq.Now we getting together and I want you there....Pleaseeeeeeee.
I love you loads and hope to see you
Here's my number:0841234567
In Sha Allah you will attend but if you don't want to no stress.Just know I'll just come to your flat whether you want me there or not and annoy the living hell out of you just so that you talk to me.
Love Zahraa.

Yasmin set the letter on the couch and she took a deep breath.

Zahraa had finally contacted her and she was getting married.Wow,where had the time gone?

Yasmin glanced at the letter and she smiled.Her Zazu was getting married and she had not known a thing.Her smile slipped away and Yasmin did not know what to think.

After Muhammed passed away she had cut each and every contact with her friends.She had deactivated her Instagram account and changed her number.Her parents had known not to give anyone her number and she was fine with her life being this way.

Alone.

The doorbell rang and Yasmin quickly got up.She checked from the peephole only to see Maryam and Yacoob,she opened the door.