Chapter 23

Sorry that was a short chapter, it just seemed to a good way to end a chapter 😜

************************************

Dani's POV

We reach the top of the mountain, it's cold and I can feel the wind through my jacket.

I see a familiar man standing holding a jar

"Manticore" I hiss spitting acid into my words.

"Ahh I see you have made it" he laughs,"Well now that you're here, I'll just have to,hmm, kill you!"

The manticore jerks to the side releasing four black darts aimed at us.

"Duck!" I yell

As soon as I look back up, I don't see man I see a huge lion with a scorpion like tail.

The lion lunges at me, and I dodge quickly and fall into the side of the mountain.

Leo throws a ball of fire at the lions mane, and I quickly sets on fire.

The scary thing is, it doesn't die.

Selena draws her sword, and slices through the lions skin.

Georgia sprays at the lion.

After we fight like this for about an hour.

The manticore and us are weak, he's too weak to stay in his lion form so he morphs back.

I see the manticore grab the Pithos and prepare to open it.

Without thinking, I shoot an arrow at his hand, and he drops the Pithos in pain.

Selena yelps, and dives to catch the Pithos.

The manticore stomps on Selena's back. She cringes in pain, but still holds tightly to the Pithos.

The manticore kicks her repeatedly.

I can't watch this, "Stop!" I charmspeak

The manticore stops.

Selena crawls off the ground, she tosses the Pithos to Georgia," Get this down the mountain safely, Hestia should be near, find a fireplace and return it to her." she tells Georgia.

Georgia runs down the mountain quickly but carefully.

The manticore unfreezes," You horrible half-bloods" he yells and curses in Greek.

The manticore really must be stupid, because instead of fighting us he keeps cursing at us.

I look behind me and realize the he's standing with his back to the edge.

Selena looks at me, "i have a plan, I can make illusions using the sun rays, like a mirage."

I nod, " got it"

Leo looks confused

"Just follow our lead" I whisper

Suddenly the light bends in Selena's hands and a shimmery image of the Pithos appears.

"You-you have it!" the manticore screams

"GIVE IT TO ME!" He yells.

Selena and I pretend to be scared.

"Fine fine, please don't hurt us!" I whimper.

"Pathetic little-" the manticore starts.

Selena throws the "Pithos" at him.

"Oops it must've slipped" she whines

The mirage flies over the edge, and the manticore dives after it.

Just to make sure he's gone, I shoot an arrow in his head.

"That's it!" I smile.

"It's done!" Selena smiles and hugs me.

Leo looks completely heartbroken

"What's wrong, Valdez?" I ask

"You look like Calypso," he mumbles.

"Umm thanks?"

"I-I met her, and I love, I mean loved, I don't know" Leo stutters

"So I look like the girl you love!" I say jealous rage, " is that the only reason why you dated me?"

I see Leo's face get sadder.

I storm down the mountain, and don't even look back at him.

We reach the bottom of the mountain, and take a ferry back to the pier.

We walk to Golden Gate park in silence.

"Look there's a fire!" Selena points.

Sure enough there's a huge fireplace, and Hestia is sitting beside it.

Georgia stands next to Hestia," God, you guess took a long time"

"Gods" I correct

"Fine, gods, you took a long time" Georgia rolls your eyes.

"Thank you, children, you have succeeded your quest in record time, you are done, but this won't be your last quest" Hestia smiles warmly

"How do we get back?" Leo asks

"I have spoken to a particular god, who would be happy to bring you back to camp" Hestia says," Selena you are very familiar with him"

"Dad?" she asks," Dad is taking us to camp?!"

"Yes. Apollo will be here any minute"

The light around us grows brighter and brighter until I'm forced to close my eyes.

When the light dims, I see a man maybe in his thirties with sandy blond hair and blue eyes.

"Hey, Selena!" he greets as if they're great friends.

"Hi Dad!"

I notice Apollo is standing next to a red sports car.

"Always someone to ruin my fun" He murmurs," Well, kids, I guess you can't fit in this car"

The sports car turns into a 5 seated SUV

"I call shotgun!" Selena yells running to the front of the car.

Georgia sits in the middle row, and Leo and I sit in the back.

I stare out the window, as the car takes off.

"I don't love Calypso, I never really did." Leo mumbles softly.

I look over at him," You don't?"

"No, it was a while ago, I tried to go back for her, but I couldn't. I've gotten over her." Leo mumbles again.

"I'm not mad at you" I say looking down," I was just hurt, I thought I would be the one breaking your heart. Not the other way around." I admit.

"I would never hurt you intentionally" Leo says kissing me.

I smile softly, and look out the window.

Soon we land on the top of the hill at Camp Half-Blood