Chapter 8: Nightmares and Deadly Confrontations

Kim's POV

I'm swimming away as fast as I can. But it's still gaining. I push my tail to go even faster. My muscles are sore and I could pass out at any time. I am running on straight adrenaline. When I swim into my cave I duck down into the seaweed. I see something go by really fast and I let out the breath I didn't even know I was holding. I turn around and there she is. Lindsay in Siren form. Blood red eyes, sharp teeth black tail. 'You won't live to see another day' she says evilly before lunging...

Me: Ahhhh!!!

I jolt awake from my nightmare and look around for any danger. Oh good. I'm okay. Right now I'm in a guest bed room at Jack's house. His parents are away on business so it's okay if I stay with him. Speaking of which right as I'm thinking of him a shirtless, messy haired, groggy Jack is standing in the doorway with a baseball bat. I giggle at his silliness and he smiles at me. He crawls in bed with me and pulls me close to him.

Jack: Did you have a nightmare?

Me: Yeah. It was pretty bad.

Jack: You wonna tell me what it was about?

After awhile I finally tell him about my dream and after he erasures me that I'll be able to turn Lindsay back we eat breakfast then meet the gang at the beach. I'm giving them temporary mer powers and teaching them how to use them until Lindsay is turned back then they will be turned back too.

Mika: Why are we up so early?

Me: Well, we need to get far out to sea were we won't be seen by other people, so you can begin your mer training.

All the girls are squealing with excitement while the guys are curious about what it will be like to have tail.

Jerry: Do we get to decide what color our tails are?

Julie: Ooh! I want mine to be light green!

Mika: I want mine to be bright purple!

Milton: I want mine to be red!

Jerry: I want mine to be orange!

Rudy: I want mine to be navy blue!

Jack: Guys I don't think we get to decide the color of our tails. But if we do I want mine to be silver.

Me: Guys, you actually don't get to choose your tail color. The color of the tail chooses you.

They all look at me confused waiting for me to explain.

Me: Well, when you first get your tails they will be white. You will have to be in the water for a few days to let your mer sides develop. Then you will be drawn to something of a particular color. When you touch that object your tail will become the color you have been drawn to.

Jerry: So, what was the object you where drawn to?

Me: When I got my first tail change it was ocean blue. I was drawn to colorful blue stones. When my tail changed darker I wasn't drawn to an object. The darkness around me changed my tail.

Milton: Well, let's get started! How long will it take to develop our mer sides?

Me: three days.

Julie and Milton look freaked out about missing school until I remind them about the fire at the school. Oh I forgot to mention last week the school got set on fire so now every one takes online classes until the school gets rebuilt.

Rudy: Let's do this! everyone in the boat!

We all hop in Jack's boat and I drive. Since I'm the only one that knows how to get there plus Jack taught me how to drive it. After awhile we finally get there. I stop the boat and Jack drops the anchor.