Chapter 11: All roads lead to war.

Kim

I wake up and see the light come through the window. It's peaceful but I feel oddly un settled.

Me: Jack?

I say walking through the house. Soon I find him outside in the pool. He's practicing his powers. A smile finds its way onto my face. He has always been so dedicated. I pull my phone out and call the guys to come to Jack's house. When they get here I explain my feelings and they are very understanding.

Jack: So, what should we do?

Me: At much as you guys don't want to hear this but we have to go into the sea.

They all look at me with horrified expressions.

Milton: But, the sirens are going to be waiting for us

Me: I know. But it's time we end this. Lindsay can never again become a Mer or a siren. And to make sure that doesn't happen We all need to work together.

They all nod unsure of how it will go. But we need to have faith that it will turn out okay.

•••

We get to Jack's boat and hop in. I drove us out very far then cut the motor and drop anchor.

Me: Alright. This is it. I want you guys to realize how proud I am of you. Also realize that we might not all make it back. But don't let it effect you in this fight. We can win.

They all nod and dive in. Except for me and Jack.

Jack: I love you

He holds me close an kisses me passionately.

Me: I love you too.

With that said we die into the water.

It seems like forever until we finally find they place were we we either win or die trying. My old home.

I'm lost in old memories when out of nowhere a siren rams into me. I give Jack a look that says don't help and he goes to fight the others that have shown up. We are locked in fierce battle until I get behind the siren. Snapping her neck. I swim as fast as I can until I reach the battle. We're doing good. They are working in harmony with their different powers. I admire them until a flash of black tail catches my eyes. Lindsay. I growl and swim after her. She sees me and swims away. I push myself to swim faster and faster. Until I tackle her she turns around her her blood red eyes look straight into my soul. I try to hold her back while she tries to bite me with her razor sharp teeth. She claws me in the process and I refuse to scream. I look at her necklace and I see the pearl. In order to end this I have to destroy it. I move forward quickly and head but her hard. Her head jerks back and I grab the pearl. She shrieks loudly and is still a siren. But without the pearl she is not as strong now. She lunges for the pearl and I toss it up and fling my powerful tail and smash it into tiny pieces. They immediately dissolve and I look at Lindsay. She's already changing back. Crap. I grab her arm and quickly swim to the surface. I pull us on the boat and chain her hands and feet with heavy chains that Jack brought. She's unconscious and I put her in a temporary coma until we return to the boat. Then I dive into the water and swim quickly to the fight. Everyone is still doing well except for Milton. He's fighting my mom!! Oh no that's not good my mom was the best fighter in the pod. I swim over and tackle her out of the way. Milton swims to go help Julie and I'm left with my mother. She looks at me with a sickeningly sweet fave and says in and even sirens voice "oh baby. You would hurt your MOM."
I narrow my anger filled eyes.

Me: You. Are. Not. My mother!

I lunge at her and she bites my neck. I scream in pain and get out of her grip. I punch her in the face and whip my tail around and snap her neck. Before she sinks to the bottom as a last reflex her long sharp claws dug into my tail. Blood is poring out. I watch as my mother sinks down into the dark water. Out of sight. I slowly swim to the guys. All the sirens are dead and my friends are okay. With the exception of a few scratches. We all hug and swim to the surface. When we all climb into the boat Lindsay is still out cold. We treat the wounds and I wake her up.

Lindsay: What?! No!! This was not supposed to happen!! I was going to rule the ocean!!!!!

Me: Well, sorry charley. Not gonna happen!! Jack drives the boat this time and we get back to shore. Once we dock I turn to Lindsay.

Me: Lindsay, I curse you with never being able to turn mer or siren ever again you are banished from the sea. Never return or you will surely die.

I then unchain her and she runs away.

Jack: Are we just going to let her go?

Me: Yeah. She won't be a problem any more.

We all climb out of the boat and go to the dojo.

...

Milton: So, what happens now?

Me: Well, since I only gave you guys the powers until the fight was over you are now humans again.

They all look kind of sad at this news.

Jack: So, what will happen to you?

Me: I have to destroy this necklace and return to the sea.

Mika: No! You can't go!

Julie: Yeah Kim! You're our friend.

Me: I'm sorry guys. But you have to remember I'm not a human. I'm a fish. I don't belong in your world anymore.

Jack walks up to me with sad eyes.

Jack: But can't we come with you?

Me: No. You guys have so much ahead of you. You have to graduate school and go to college and live your life! I promise I'll always visit. But I can't let you give up this life.

I'm immediately surrounded in a group hug. We pull apart and all go down to the beach and into the cove. I turn and look at all my friends. With one last wave I rip the necklace off and crush it with my hand. Ashes fall through my fingers and dissolve in the breeze. I then I dive into the water and swim off. One thing is for sure. I'm really going to miss those guys.

Hey guys. So this book is almost done. Just one chapter left. I won't be doing a sequel because I have other books to focus on. I'll post the last chapter tomorrow.

Love you guys! Thanks for all the reads and votes!!!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Stay beautiful!!!!