Epilogue

20 years later.

Kim

Sunshine. Everywhere. The warmth feels good on my skin. After 20 years I'm returning to land to see my friends. I wonder what they're up to these days? My head poles above the water. After all these years of being in the light my tail is now it's brilliant blue and there are black warrior markings. My hair is also a light honey blonde. I swim over to my rock and I see all the familiar faces. They look happy. I see Milton an Julie with a small child that is the perfect mixture of them as well as her rounding baby belly. I see Jerry and Mika with two small children. I see Rudy and a lady with three kids and I also see Jack. He's alone. Did he never get married? I look around and they are the only ones on the beach. "Hey mommy, I see a mermaid!!!" Milton's little girl says they all look over at me. I wave. "Oh my gosh! Kim!!" Mika says. Jack looks up at me and I smile. The. I get off my rock and swim to them. When I get into shallow waters they all come and hug me. Jack kneels down and looks into my eyes. "Kim. I missed you." He says stroking me cheek. "I missed you too." He leans down and kisses my salty lips. Then he picks me up bridal style and and looks at me again. "How long are you staying?" He asks "I don't know." He looks at me with hope in his eyes. "Will you stay?" I look around and everyone looks hopeful. "Okay. I'll stay." Everyone cheers. "Oh and one more thing... Will you marry me?" My heart stops. "Yes!" He kisses me passionately. Even though I belong to the sea and can always visit. But I think I know where I belong. And it's here.

Hey!!! So this is the last chapter. Thanks for all the reads, votes and comments!!!