Chapter 9

Chapter 9: old friends

Jack's POV

We all are back in the boat and Kim is climbing in the boat wen something pulls her under.

Me: Kim!

I try to spot her but I can't see her. Then I see something that truly terrifies me. Blood. Then Kim's unconscious human body floats up and her charm is glowing. It saved her from what ever took a bite out of her arm. I pull her up and into the boat.

Once we get back I carry Kim back to my house. I told everyone to go home and I can take care of my Kim. When we get to my house I lay her on the bed and get some gauze. I wrap her arm and lay her head in my lap. I just sit there and play with her hair until I see her eyes start to flutter open.

Kim: Jack?

I kiss her forehead. Thankful she's okay.

Me: Yes?

Kim: I need water.

I chuckle at how cute she is and go get her water. When I get back I help her sit up and give her the water. She drinks it down then looks at me.

Kim: Call the guys we need to swim and develop your powers.

Me: Kim you where attacked. You need to rest.

Kim: Jack, I was attacked by a siren.

Me: Not Lindsay?

Kim: No, and actual siren.

Me: I thought you where the last mer creature.

Kim: I thought I was too...

She seems to be thinking hard about something and I try to shake we back to reality but I can't. She's reflecting on an old memory.

Me: Kim... KIM!!!!

Kim's POV

"Kim! Come one honey it's migration day!" My mom hollers from the mouth of our cave. You see mermaid pods have to migrate every year to see the world and not let ourselves be caught by humans. We are the last pod of mer people. So we have to migrate. "Coming mom!" Mom and I leave with the pod. We are swimming in the Mariana Trench and I'm getting a very uneasy feeling. "Mom... I'm scared." I hold on to my moms arm an I can tell she's scared too. We suddenly hear a crash. The whole pod turns to look. In the dark we see two red eyes. Then they multiply. Suddenly one swims forward. It's a siren. They are the most evil mer creature. They draw in humans with a mesmerizing song only to eat them, and whatever they don't eat floats down to the bottom for other sirens to eat. "Well well well. Look here." One of the sirens say. "Stay away siren." the head if our pod commands...... The siren looks about to strike when a giant squid attacks the pod and siren coven. It screams in pain when one of our warriors throws a spear at it. Now angered the squid tries to lash out but hits the wall instead causing a rock slide. burying everyone.... I wake up to see rocks everywhere. I dig myself out and I look around. My whole pod and the whole coven and the monster is dead. My heart breaks at the loss of my mother when I hear rustling I turn around and see the siren that came forward earlier. "I will get you one day..." then she swims off. I swim away as fast as I can until I reach the cave where I will eventually evolve into te darkness...

Jack: Kim!!!! KIM!!!

Jack shakes me out of my thoughts and I hug him tight.

Jack: Kim, what's wrong?

Me: My pod is back...

Jack: Isn't that good?

Me: It should be but it's not. They all died. Even the coven that was with us. Except for one siren. She swam away vowing revenge on me. She brought my pod back to life by turning them all into evil sirens. So now they all want to kill me. Today I was attacked by a siren, but it wasn't a siren... It was my mom.

Ooh!!! Plot twist! Sorry it's short I haven't time to write. My band directors been working us hard to finish the halftime show. I will try to update this weekend. But we will see

Comment

Vote

Follow!!!