004

Megan, thankfully, wasn't working with Peter today. He randomly decided to rejoin the decathlon minutes before the bus was leaving, and they let him. That was all according to Michelle's texts of her ranting about it.

Today she got to work with Scott Wilson. It was very rare when she got to work with him. He graduated at Midtown last year but works on weekends when he doesn't have classes at NYU. Megan never really worked weekends, but she did this time because of the decathlon.

She didn't mind Scott, they were kind of friends last year. In fact, she used to have a crush on him, but she knew he was too old for her.

It was refreshing to not have to do so much work. He was too much of a gentlemen to let Megan do too much. "Meggy!"

"Don't call me that!" Megan yelled back to Scott in response.

"Aw, come on, you know you like it." Scott teased, smirking at her. "Gross."

The only problem was that he was a pretty big flirt, he would probably hit on anyone that walked past him or breathed in his direction. It didn't help that he was incredibly attractive, and that Megan thought she was the ugliest girl on earth.

He laughed it off like it was nothing. "Anyway, what brings you working here on a Saturday? I thought you only worked during the school week."

"The academic decathlon," She said. "I thought I'd take the opportunity considering my best friend is away for it."

"Ah, I remember those. Never really cared for them though." Of course he didn't, he was never one for competitions. Megan still wondered how he was able to get a full scholarship.

A new customer arrived, and sat at one of her tables. "Duty calls."

He nodded, and let her get to work. It was early in the day, so it wasn't really busy at the diner. Megan was so used to dealing with a good amount of customers, but she enjoyed the quietness.

Once it got to dinnertime, Sadie's was packed. The owner, Sadie herself, decided to stop by. She was an old woman, and had hopes that one day her son would fully take over the business, but for now he was just a manager.

Sadie sat up at the counter, greeting Megan with a warm smile. "Well if it isn't my girl Sadie! What can I get you?"

"I think you know the answer to that, Meg." That was true, but Megan had to be sure of it.

"Bacon cheeseburger, cheese fries but with the cheese on the side, and a strawberry milkshake?" She nodded at her, and then Megan made sure to get her order in.

Sadie absolutely loved Megan, she wished that her grandchildren would act like her. She only stopped by every once in awhile, due to getting old, and she always demanded that Megan would be the one to serve her.

•••

When she was finally able to leave, her phone was blowing up with texts from Michelle. Something about the entire team almost dying in the Washington Monument (besides Michelle, she "didn't want to celebrate something built by slaves"). She was happy that they were okay though, and surprised that they were saved by Spider-Man.

Megan and Scott stood outside the diner, shivering their asses off. She was about to start walking home, but Scott stopped her for a moment. "Want me to walk you home?"

She turned around, confused by his offer. "I thought you drove here?"

He shook his head no. "Nah, I got dropped off, my ride bailed on me though. But, I also wouldn't want to see a pretty girl like you walk alone."

"Okay." Megan shrugged. "It's not going to be long though."

"We can walk slow and appreciate each other's company." And so they started walking to her house. She missed being able to have someone else to talk to, especially at times when she walked home. Megan and Scott used to be closer friends, but that wasn't the case when he went to college.

"So, how's NYU?" She asked, breaking the silence. They had been walking for 5 minutes straight without saying a word.

"It's nice. Do you planning on going there?" She nodded in response. "Yeah, I want to be a lawyer."

"Now that I can see." Scott chuckled. "You're a very argumentative person, Meggy."

The spark between them was still there, they talked as if they still saw each other everyday. The only difference between the and now was that she didn't have a massive crush on him. Scott was a grown up, she definitely knew better.

"You know I never liked being called Meggy." Megan said.

"I know, but I find it adorable." Scott was back to being a flirt, something he'll never be able to quit doing. "How's Midtown without me?"

"It's fine." She replied. "Homecoming is coming up, it's all everyone's been talking about."

"I loved school dances, now I'm too old for them." He said.

She kind of laughed hearing him say he was too old for it. "You were just a senior last year."

"I know." Scott shrugged. "Now it feels like high school was so long ago. College is so different."

"You're majoring in psychology, right?" He nodded. "Yup, I want to be a child psychologist."

"You always cared about kids." Megan smiled, looking at him. He smiled back at her for second, then she realized that they were outside her house. "Oh, this is my house. Uh, thanks for walking me home."

"No problem, Meggy." He winked after calling her Meggy.

"Bye." She waved, running to her doorstep. Scott still stood at the sidewalk, making sure she got inside safely. When she got up to her room, she waved to him from her window. Scott waved goodbye, walking home by himself.

•••

The Grammys sucked last night and that's the tea folks