005

The next Monday at school, Megan ran up to Peter the moment she could. "Peter! I heard about what happened in Washington! Are you okay?"

He was confused by her concern, and found it interesting. "Why? Were you scared?"

Peter got a little closer to her, which caused her to blush a little. "I wasn't scared!"

"Well for your information, I wasn't even up there when it happened, so I'm fine." He said.

"Oh, good. See you at work!" And with that she walked away then went to homeroom.

Peter knew Megan was always quite hostile towards him, so why wonder for his well being? She didn't know whether he was up there or not before he told her, but she definitely didn't know that he was, in fact, Spider-Man.

In homeroom, the school news was playing on an old, practically ancient tv. Betty and Jason, two classmates who did the school news every morning, were talking about the decathlon. According to them, "Spider-Man Mania" was going around the school.

It wasn't surprising though, Spider-Man literally saved the lives of students at Midtown. They'd probably talk about it for the next 10 years, since it was a pretty big deal.

While in chemistry class, Megan saw Peter mixing stuff together under his desk, failing to hide what he was doing. "Whatcha doing, Parker?"

He almost dropped a beaker, cursing to himself. "It's nothing, just trying out some experiments for Halloween."

Obviously, that was a big fat lie. He was trying to make web fluid, due to using up almost all of it in D.C.

"Sounds lame." She cackled, returning to her own experiments.

•••

Things went back to normal very quickly. Once the two were at work, Megan was back to complaining and yelling at Peter. "God, I wish I was working with Scott right now."

He snapped out of whatever shenanigans he was going with Ned, and looked straight at her. "When did you work with Scott?"

"Saturday, why do you have your panties in a twist?" Megan said, which made Peter shut his mouth quickly.

She took her attention back to Michelle, who she was currently serving. "Ugh, they're such losers."

Michelle laughed at her. "Ha! You're taking my words now."

"Well, it's true!" She exclaimed. Megan didn't know what she would do if Michelle didn't stop by almost everyday she worked.

"Yeah, you're right." Michelle replied, taking a sip of her soda. "This is so unhealthy, yet so good."

"What do you expect from a cotton candy soda?" Megan asked sarcastically.

"Nothing but heavenly taste." She said in awe.

Megan cringed. "That sounded so weird."

Michelle gulped down the rest of her soda, placing the glass on the counter. "I gotta go, I'll see you at school tomorrow."