014

Nobody heard from Peter all weekend. No phone call, no texts, nothing. Not even a voice mail. So for the entire weekend nobody knew if he was even alive because no one answered the door at Peter's apartment.

As for the other three, after the dance they sat in an empty McDonald's at 11 pm eating as many chicken nuggets that their stomachs could handle. They definitely had some questions, but those questions would possibly be answered on Monday at school.

When it finally was Monday, the moment they all saw Peter they just had to hug him, except Michelle, she said it would've been weird.

Megan punched Peter in the arm, since she was a little mad at him. "Thanks for not contacting us, asshole!"

"I'm sorry-"

But Ned had to interrupt. He was still starstruck from Friday night's events. "Dude, it was so cool! That dude was all like, "You're not going anywhere." Then you were all like, "I think not!" And then you were fighting like a total badass-"

"Ned-"

"Oh my god, it was insane-"

"Ned, you were the one that saved me, remember?" Megan didn't get to see this, but Ned picked up Peter's web shooter and caught the guy trying to stop Peter from going after the Vulture. It was definitely pretty badass.

"You're joking, right?" Michelle asked, and Megan agreed. "Yeah, are you guys for real?"

"Why would we lie?" Ned protested, acting like this whole time him and Peter didn't lie about the identity of Spider-Man.

Speaking of Spider-Man, Megan and Peter had yet to talk about everything. They couldn't ignore it forever, but now wasn't the time.

Liz was hugging students, as it was her last day. Liz and her mother were moving to Oregon after the events of her father's criminal activities. "So are you gonna talk to her?"

"What?" It was Megan who asked Peter, she knew it kind of hurt him to see his longtime crush go, and that he should say goodbye.

"Say goodbye to her, Peter." He was kind of shocked, but didn't hesitate to walk up to Liz.

Peter apologized for leaving her at homecoming, which was pretty shitty thing to do, but she had more important things to worry about.

"Bye, Peter. Whatever's going on with you, I hope you figure it out." He knew what she meant, but it wouldn't be the perfect time to tell her the truth. She's going through enough shit.

As Peter walked up to the group, he had a quite sad look on his face. Maybe saying goodbye was actually harder than he thought it would be. At least he had friends by his side. "Come on, we have to go to class."

•••

Michelle was officially appointed captain next year for the decathlon, and it definitely had to be celebrated at the diner.

During lunch, they finally got to know what happened while Peter went MIA. It all made sense because it explained why Liz was suddenly leaving Midtown. Michelle sure was pissed that she missed out on all of the action, but she had a good time at the dance anyway.