003

The events of Liz's party were a hot topic at school. Many people were disappointed that Spider-Man didn't make an appearance, but regardless still had a good time. Apparently the highlight of the night was the Penis Parker chant, which Peter failed to witness.

Speaking of Peter, he was in the school lab with Ned, examining some sort of device that was left from the Vulture, and trying to take it apart during school hours was somehow the best idea to them.

Megan got a tip from Michelle that they went there instead of lunch, and she found them in there. "Whatcha got there?"

He quickly concealed the device, hiding its purple glow as much as possible. "Nothing! Jesus, Meg! You didn't have to scare us like that."

"Ugh, whatever. You two are such party poopers." Megan grunted. "I'll see you later."

On her way back, she walked past two men. Both of their faces screamed "I'm gonna kill someone", which made her too scared to even look them in the eyes.

She returned to the cafeteria, her usual seat still vacant from when she left. Michelle was surprised she returned so quickly. "What happened?"

"Something is up with those nerds, you can count on that." Michelle decided to ignore her best friend's suspicions because she simply didn't have the time for it at the moment.

"Can you help me with this math question real quick? Or are you too flustered to do so." Megan took a deep breath. "I can help, just show me the question."

After helping her with her math, they were on the topic of the decathlon. "So, are you nervous?"

"I'm never nervous." Michelle replied. It was only her second year doing it, so Megan assumed there was some nerves.

"I should've known." She murmured.

"They're so easy, I never get why Liz is always so worried about it." Last year, Liz threw up minutes before they went on stage, and had a puke stain on her blouse. Michelle claimed it was "completely traumatizing" since she was the one who held her hair back.

"I'd be nervous too, so I guess I can feel her pain in a way." Megan almost tried out for the team, but backed out last minute. Mr. Harrington says to this day that it was a huge mistake.

Since the decathlon was this weekend and Megan had no social life, she decided she was going to work on Saturday and hope for the best. Michelle told her she shouldn't overwork herself, but of course she wasn't going to listen.

•••

Lucky enough, she had the day off, except it didn't feel like one. Her mom dragged her to the mall, making her shop for homecoming dresses.

"Why can't I just wear a nice top and pants?" Dresses were never Megan's thing, but her mom wasn't going to agree. Even for last year's homecoming she was forced to wear a dress.

"You're a young woman, sweetie. You need to show what your momma gave you!" Her mom said as she held up dresses, not liking a single one.

Megan sighed. "Mom, this store is for old ladies. Can't we just go to H&M or something?"

"Either you cooperate or you're paying for your own dress." Now, this was the bait. She knew Megan was saving up for a car, and buying an outfit for homecoming would take a small chunk out of those savings.

She had no choice but to obey her mom, and pray she could find something tolerable.

Her mom made her try on at least 10 dresses, none which suited Megan's taste. "Are you fuc- I mean, fricking kidding me? I look like you!"

"I think you look fabulous, Megan! It really suits you." The dress she currently has on was very unflattering and was leopard print, something only middle aged mom's would wear.

"I hate it." She hissed. Her mom sighed, as she knew this wasn't going to work. "Fine, look around and pick something you'd want to try on."

"Yay!" Megan cheered, and got back into her normal clothes quickly.

Searching rack after rack, she couldn't find a single thing. There was one last rack, and she prayed that there was at least something.

She picked up a purple dress, and immediately loved it. It was satin, with a little poof to it, something Megan could go with. Looking at the tag, it was thankfully her size. The only problem was the price. "90 dollars?"

Her mom saw the disappointment in her daughters face and frowned. It was a miracle to finally find a dress, but she was willing to make the entire miracle happen.

"Don't tell your father." She said, pulling out her credit card.

Megan hugged her mom. "Thank you so much!"

The dress was hers, and she couldn't be more satisfied. Plus, she was blessed that she wasn't forced to wear a super ugly dress.

•••

When Megan got home, she immediately put on the dress, waltzing around her room. She called Michelle, who quickly answered. "How was dress shopping?"

"I found the most perfect dress! I'm wearing it right now!" She beamed.

"I can't believe you're actually satisfied with a dress, this is breaking news." Michelle said over the phone.

Megan posed in the mirror, still in awe. "MJ, you should see how amazing I look right now."

"Send a pic!" She stated.

"Okay, I'm hanging up! Bye!" She took at least 50 pictures, only liking 2 in the end. She sent them to Michelle, who said she looked "fierce as fuck."

Despite the dance only being in a few weeks, Megan was actually excited for once. Dances were never her thing in middle school, but now in high school it was like a crime if you didn't go to any school dance.

As long as shit didn't hit the fan, everything was going to be just fine.

•••

This wattpad update SUCKS