013

The dance was just hours away, and nobody could wait for it. Students could barely focus on their school work, they just wanted to get home so they could start getting ready. For some girls it was going to take awhile to just do their makeup.

Peter still never told Megan that he was Spider-Man, and it was absolutely killing Michelle. She was dying for it to be known because she wanted to talk about it with Megan and rub it in her face.

Megan still remained dateless. This morning Scott last minute offered to escort her, but she said no. He didn't even attend Midtown anymore, so there was no point. Plus whatever was happening between them wasn't going anywhere.

It was lunch time, and Megan and Michelle had just gotten out of the lunch line, finally sitting down at their table. Peter and Ned still didn't get out, so there was time to talk about what was really wrong.

"I will absolutely kill you if this is the look on your face later tonight." Michelle groaned. Megan had a glum face practically all day, and it seemed like she wasn't able to put on a different one.

She put on a fake smile, then gave her the middle finger. "Better?"

Michelle shrugged. "Not really, but the effort counts."

Peter and Ned sat down at the table with their lunch trays smacking the table at the same time. "You guys excited for tonight?"

"You bet. I can't wait to wear my fedora." Everyone held back from making fun of Ned's love for fedoras, they knew it would destroy his confidence completely.

"Wait til you guys see Megan's dress. She's gonna look bomb as fuck." Michelle was playing wing woman, hoping she was contributing to the mess that was Peter and Megan.

"I bet she will." Peter added, winking at Megan, which left her in a bit of shock.

"I- uh- yeah!" She stuttered, not able to find what words to say. Megan blushed a little, which made Peter laugh.

She did the only thing she could do the change the subject, asking for milk. "MJ. Milk. Gimme."

"Again?" Michelle groaned, then Megan nodded at her. "Pretty please?"

"Ugh, fine." She said, passing the small carton. "You are so lucky I'm trying to cut off dairy."

"Why are you trying to cut off dairy?" Ned asked, confused.

"I heard dairy is bad for your skin okay!" She yelled, maybe a little too loud.

Those around Michelle stared at her weirdly. "Go on with your eating, peasants."

"Peasants?" Peter questioned.

"Shut up, peasant."

•••

Megan had brought everything she needed to Michelle's house to prepare for the dance. Michelle claimed she "didn't need to wear makeup to impress anyone", which was true. Megan was only going to wear some makeup just for the sake of looking less dead than she usually did.

The two girls were definitely comfortable with each other, as Megan was sitting in front the large mirror wearing leggings and a sports bra. "How does my eyeliner look? Do I look like a clown?"