008

The once extremely negative relationship between Megan and Peter was now leading into something positive. They were considered frenemies, but that could change.

At lunch they started sitting with each other instead of being multiple seats apart. The four of them all at one table was something that should've happened a long time ago.

They were talking about Sadie's diner for whatever random reason, and Peter had interrupted Megan's rambling. "Well, hope you have fun at the diner today cause I have the day off!"

"Really?" Megan whined, and he nodded. "Lo siento (I'm sorry). See, it's perfect timing to study for my Spanish quiz."

"I think I'll live. MJ will visit me, right?" She asked, turning to her best friend, who shook her head. "Peter and I are in the same Spanish class. Mrs. Garcia is one loco woman."

She sighed, also understanding the pain and suffering that is Spanish class. "True. We'll text later?"

"Obviously, plus I'll probably be begging you for help." Michelle was horrible at Spanish, but any other subject was her thing.

The bell rang, meaning they all had to go to their next class. "See ya!"

•••

Later after school, Megan didn't have to stay at work for long. She closed the diner early, under the boss' orders. It was totally dead in there, and Sadie's son said only two people showed up all day. She wasn't complaining, it just meant she'll have extra time to do her homework.

She called her mom, asking if she could get a ride home, but her mom was stuck at work. She tried calling her dad, but he also wasn't available. Megan thought her mom was putting more of an effort to make sure she's safe, but clearly her work remained more important. She couldn't exactly blame her, they simply couldn't live without money.

As she walked home, she heard a loud thump. "I'm carrying a weapon!"

"Relax!" There was that recognizable voice, a voice that was still way too familiar. Megan turned around to see Spider-Man in the flesh once again. "We're cool, right?"

"I don't know, are you trying to kill me?" Megan said sarcastically.

"Hey, I saved your life. Don't make me leave you to the rats." Peter chuckled. He currently had his legs wrapped around a street light, not even concerned if he'll fall or not.

When Megan thought about it, why is this even happening right now? Doesn't this guy have people to save? "Why are you here?"

"Do you think I'm going to let you risk your life again?" He asked, landing on the ground.

"I have homework to do, so I'll just get going-"

"Wait!" He didn't expect her to stop, but she did. "Can I take you somewhere?"

"Where exactly?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Somewhere I take nobody else to." It was weird for Peter to act so soft around Megan, but she didn't know who she was talking to, so the opportunity was there. "Sure. I guess."

"Yeah?" He was surprised she agreed, and she nodded to assure him. "Grab on then."

Megan couldn't wrap around her head why she was putting her trust into a complete stranger for the second time. She obviously knows what stranger danger is. But maybe it was the fact that she felt like she's known him her entire life.