2

Laurel and I walk down Mathew Street, and enter The Cavern Club. It's kinda claustrophobic and it strongly smells like cigarettes and alcohol, but, surprisingly I don't mind. I'm in no way used to a setting like this, but I feel quite at home. She leads me to the bar.

'Two vodka and cokes please'

I grab my bag and pull out my purse to pay, but she puts my hand down softly,

'Yer first day in Liverpool, can't have you pay'

I smile and thank her. From behind I can hear a couple of whoops and I turn to notice a band head on to the stage. Laurel claps and rests her head on her hand, sighing.

'Who are they?' I ask

'They're called The Beatles'
She sighs again tilting her head at them.

'Oh, cool'

The audience isn't small, in fact it's kind of big considering the venue. Laurel is still in a daze when the bartender hands over our drinks, so I take them and thank him. I bat her arm softly, laughing,

'You alright?'

She snaps out of her little dream, and laughs lightly,

'Yea, they're just fit'

They are good looking to be fair, but I'm not interested of course. I have my Thomas.

'Which one do you like most?'

Laurel looks over at them excitedly and points to the guitarist,

'The lead guitarist, George. Look at his perfect eyes'

She pretends to swoon and we both laugh. George is quite handsome, to be fair, but I don't think he's the best looking one. I sip my drink and look over the four of them. I think the best looking one is the bassist. His eyes are hazel and kinda droopy, but I like it, it's cute and reminds me of a puppy. His hair is dark brown and in the moptop style that has been becoming popular recently. So popular that all of the band have the exact same haircut.

'You okay, Nance? Yer eyeing up Paul'

Paul. His name suits his face in a peculiar way. At that moment he looks at me and smiles a bit I snap out of it and look away.

'Yea, I'm fine.'

She smirks at me, and sips her drink, turning away.

'What, Laurel?'

'Poor Thomas, at this rate, you are gonna have a new man'

I laugh at her comment, but she doesn't.

'Am being serious, John's looking at you'

'Who's John?'

'Lead singer'

She nods her head in John's direction, he's not as good looking as Paul, but he's not bad looking. John smirks at me, and I give a little wave, he turns to whisper to Paul, still smirking. Paul frowns at him and turns away. John looks back at me and winks and I feel my stomach flip. What am I even thinking?! I have Thomas!

'He's alright looking, I guess'

'Nancy, you know Thomas is in London, you could have some fun here and he'll never find out'