Epilogue

Violet's POV

My name is Violet Julia Lennon and I'm 14 years old. I live with my dad in Ascot. It's just us two, it has been for as long as I can remember. My mother died in a car crash when I was about 5 months old, of course I don't remember it, but I know it happened because of the scar on my arm.

I'm told she was very beautiful, and that I resemble her a lot (that's what Aunt Laurel says anyway). However, I think I look more like my dad than my mum (from the pictures I've seen) my eyes are identical to his, they're only a slight different colour, and our faces are the same shape.

Anyway, today is the 18th June, and I'm on my way to Paul's house for his birthday party. Paul is my dad's best friend, and he's always been really kind to me. Before he told me that I remind him so much of my mum when I smile it makes him cry. I'm not sure why it'd make him cry; from what I've heard they were just good friends.

'Violet? We have 10 minutes to get there! Hurry up!'

I hear my dad shout up the stairs, he's always so impatient. I give my light brown hair a quick brush and spritz some perfume on my wrists and head downstairs.

'I'm ready!'

His back is to me, but I know what he's doing. He's going to turn to me and tap his watch, with his eyebrows raised. He does exactly that as he hears my footsteps on the stairs. I roll my eyes at him and he laughs, and pulls me into a hug,

'You know am only messing about'

I hug him back,

'I know'

He steps back and looks at me through his glasses. I miss him without his glasses, I wasn't alive for long before he started wearing them all the time, but I miss being able to see his eyes properly. I also miss him not being skinny, I prefer him with some meat on his bones.

He remains there, observing me. I'm not sure why, I'm not wearing anything special, I have a loose white button up blouse and some blue jeans on, with a section of hair from the very top of my head tied at the back. When he doesn't say anything, I decide to speak up,

'Are you alright, dad?'

He sighs, and kisses the top of my head,

'You just look so much like Nancy'

I recognise the name Nancy as my mum's. I feel warm all over, I'm not sure why. I'm told that she loved me most out of anyone in the entire world.

My life hasn't exactly been difficult without her, but it's not nice seeing everyone at school growing up with both of their parents (and siblings) when I live with just my dad and no one else.

I think that it also would've been nice for other significant life events such as:

1) Getting boobs
Bra shopping with dad was not a fun experience. He didn't have a clue what was going on, many jokes were made about the fact that he's  'only ever taken them off!' when I asked him to do the clasp up for me.

2) My first boyfriend!
All I can say is poor, poor Jamie. Our relationship was very short but sweet. I think he was scared off when he came round after school and faced an interrogation session.