7

Paul holds my hand back down the stairs through the restaurant, and leads me to his car. Once again holding the door open for me. It's 10pm, although it seems as though we've been out for an hour at the most. He drives back a different way to the way we came,

'Where are we going, Paul?'

'I just want to show you something'

'Better not be scandalous, not a strip club or anything'

Both of us laugh for a moment, then he shakes his head,

'Of course not, I only take you to the loveliest of places. You're a lovely girl, after all'

He smiles, but remains looking ahead at the road.

'You better not be trying to woo my clothes off'

He smirks at me for a second, I feel myself blushing instantly,

'Well it worked before, didn't it, Nance?'

'I was drunk'

'Doesn't mean it didnt happen'

He gives me a toothy grin and holds my hand, and I notice we are driving up a hill. I change the conversation as soon as I can,

'How's the band going?'

'Oh well we've been spotted, and we now have a manager, which is pretty good. He's called Brian'

'That's amazing! You should be so proud of yourselves'

He squeezes my hand,

'Thank you, Nance. He's gonna try and get us signed'

'That's incredible!'

I see him smile, and we soon pull up. I look around where we've stopped, there's not much here at all. Just a hill.

'Uh, Paul- '

'I know, I know, why did I bring you here, we'll follow me, and I'll show you'

Wow he must have brought over people here then, huh. He holds out his hand for me to take, and I grab it and he leads me to the highest point of the hill. From one side of it I could see the Liverpool docks, and all of the boats in the distance over the horizon of the sea, and from the other side of the hill I could see the entire city, every light, the entire thing.

I sit down to face the sea, I preferred it, it was calmer. I breathe in deeply, and feel Paul's presence slide down next to me.

'It's beautiful here, Paul'

He smiles at me and pulls me in for a hug,

'I knew you'd love it'

'But just how many girls have you brought up here before?'

He blushes slightly,

'Only one, she dumped me up here- actually'

I feel my stomach twist in regret and and I hug him tight,

'Oh Paul, I'm so sorry'

He smiles but looks away quickly,

'It's fine, really. I shouldn't have brought you here anyway, you have a boyfriend don't you'

'Well, yes- '

His face flashes a look of sadness briefly, then fades. I continue,

'- But, I plan to break up with him. He's no fun. Very traditional. You know about him not wanting to have sex with me'

He chuckles very slightly, and I smile at him.

'I have a feeling he's cheating on me, anyway. He's got a new friend called Tammy who he's very close with, even though she can't be that new of a friend considering he does nothing to make any new friends'