4

Laurel claps suddenly and stands up from her bed,

'We'd better start getting ready, eh?'

'I suppose'

'Need to look nice for my Georgie'

'What you've made it official?'

'No, I just want to look nice for him though'

I smile at her, and start to get ready myself. I go to the bathroom and wipe off the remnants of the makeup I wore today, and brushed my hair out. I decided that I'm going to wear a dress with a white short-sleeved lacy top with a baby pink skirt which flows out towards the bottom and I'm going to wear my white heels with it. To compliment my dress, I wear no eyeshadow but winged eyeliner and heavy mascara, and a nude pink lipstick. I curl my hair lightly and spray some perfume. I smile at my reflection; I look pretty.

I step out of the bathroom and Laurel whoops, and orders I do a twirl. I smile at her and we laugh together.

'My turn!'

She says, heading into the bathroom herself. To occupy myself (Laurel takes a while to get ready) I decide to write a letter to Lucy, and mother this time, and ask her about Thomas. I mention Tammy but not too much, I want an idea of what's going on between them. I ask how mothers job is, she works in a record shop, and mention the boys. Of course I don't mention my encounter with John, though.

As soon as I finish, Laurel steps out of the bathroom. I whoop as she did for me, and she looks stunning. She's radiant as the sun, and so lovely. Her dress is red and flows like mine, and her black heels, red lipstick and lipstick only compliment her further.

'You're so stunning Laurel'

She beams and looks to the floor,

'Thank you, love. Let's get a move on yeah?'

We leave our room together, and head to the pub where the boys would be playing. It was cleaner than the cavern, but still not the nicest place I'd seen. The audience was as big as it was last time we saw them, and in this smaller venue it appeared bigger than before. Laurel and I headed to the bar, ordering the same vodka and coke like we had before.

We hear  clapping and we turn to see the boys on stage, both of us whoop and George looks to Laurel, beaming, both of their eyes glimmering at the very sight of each other. I notice a couple of girls in the audience darting horrible looks towards Laurel, but she doesn't notice. I make sure to glare at them, but it's not like they care.

I turn my attention to Paul, who is already looking at me, I smile and wave at him, and he smiles back, a few girls glare at me now, especially when I look up at John, who's smirking, when I turn my attention to him he winks and I feel my face burn. The girls must notice because I hear them sniggering at me. One of the girls says something aimed at me, but I can't hear her. The boys do though, because John and Paul shoot her a look and she looks down, embarrassed. Sucks for her.

They play their set and Laurel and I dance and twirl around. Every time i look up I notice Paul looking at me, and if it's not him looking at me sweetly, it's John smirking at me. I'm not interested in John, so I don't know why he captivates me so much. I give him a sly look in return, which confuses him and he turns to talk to Ringo.

When the boys have finished, Laurel and I hang around at the bar. I pull out my cigarettes and put one in my mouth, and ask the bartender if he has a lighter, which he does. I turn to Laurel, who is gawking at George. I roll my eyes playfully and bat her shoulder. I offer her a cigarette, but she declines. It's been about an hour and the boys still aren't out from backstage (if you can call it that), I guess they're waiting for the crowds to die down a bit.