Dinner with the 7 Kings

Tanji's pov⇁

Mark, Jackson, and I were sitting at the table in our room eating breakfast. I was still curious on why out of everyone here it's me. I am pretty sure I have a target on my back when I first arrived, since I'm the only human girl here. Now to say I'll be eating dinner with those kings is going to get me killed.

"So why do the kings want to have dinner with me?"

"We aren't really sure ourselves, but I'm certain they just want to get to know you since you are the only human here." Mark said giving me a reassuring look.

"That doesn't make this any better. Now I'm going to get killed by one of the other contestants if they get the chance." I said putting my head in the table.

"Don't think like that Tanji, plus it's not allowed to purposefully kill someone." Jackson said as I felt him place his hand on my shoulder.

"So accidental murder is cool? You two aren't helping at all." I said lifting my head to look at them both.

Mark and Jackson changed the subject and started talking about what our plans were before the dinner that was later on in the day. I stood up from the table and my dishes in the strange dishwasher. I had my suit change into a t-shirt, pair of jeans, and some vans. I had the neck part turn into a cute looking necklace. This suit is like the best.

"What exactly are we doing today?" I asked looking at Mark.

"We are going to train for like 3 hours, then get you all dolled up for the dinner." Jackson said appearing next to Mark.

I face palmed as they both took my arm and dragged me out of our room.

30 minutes later

"So what are we doing in the middle of the forest." I asked looking at all the trees and the wild animals that would run or walk past us.

"We heard the challenge tomorrow might involve having to find your way through some woods, so if that is the case we are going to train you on it. This is where you will be starting." Jackson said as he took out a random bottle of spray res paint and painted a start line.

"So I'm just supposed to run through this forest? Sounds easy enough." I said and instantly regretted it when I saw a smirk form onto Mark's lips.

"Not quite. This is going to be obstacle based. There might be a wall you have to climb, a river to swim through, anything could happen." Mark said as if he was going to enjoy this.

I sighed worried for by life but stood at the start line ready for them to say "Go." Only seconds did they say go and I sprinted further into the forest following the path they had marked.

So far it wasn't too bad, since all I had to do was jump over large tree trunks or duck under a tree limb. At least 5 minutes later I halted in front of a lake of what looked like quick sand. I looked around for a vine or anything I could use to get over the quick sand.

Who thought of this?

I noticed a lose looking vine and decided it was strong enough for me to swing to the other side. I walked over and picked it up then pulled it a few times to double check that I wouldn't fall. I took 10 steps back for a running start then went for it.

I screamed the whole way until I realized that I had made it.

Maybe this won't be too bad after all.

2 hours later

Mark's pov ⇢

"Hey Tanji you made it! We thought we'd have to come and get you." I said as Tanji walked sluggishly towards us.