Off World Pt. 2

Last chapter

I felt the ground underneath me suddenly shift causing me to fall into river water...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third pov~

Tanji let out a scream as she fell into the rough river waters below. She opened her eyes as the necklace around her neck instantly changed into a scuba diving outfit with a mouth piece for her to breathe through. To her surprise the water underneath the top of the river was calm and warm. Tanji looked up to the waters above her and noticed that it was going wild as they hit the side of the walls.

After she collected her thoughts Tanji decided to search the large river for any of her two remaining items. As Tanji swam she noticed that the fish were other colors than just purple. Swimming down river Tanji observed how clear the water was, and how the fish interacted with each other. Anyway, as she moved down stream Tanji ran into a rock to noticing how close she was to the side of the river. She checked to see if she was bleeding to noticed that some purple dye had transferred to her clothing.

Tanji stopped and spun around hoping she had found one of her 2 remaining items.

Tanji's pov⇁

I stopped swimming once I saw the purple dye on my ripped piece if clothing happy that I didn't get cut. I also liked how the purple dust can change depending on if it's on land or in water. I swam over to the object I had ripped my clothed on. Thanks to my clumsiness, I had rubbed off some of the purple dye to reveal the color of a deep burgundy red color that faded into black. I picked up the object and rubbed the rest of the purple dye that was on it and smiled realizing I was holding the scale of an actual dragon.

Now if only I could have had this to get higher than a C on my science project back in high school. I knew dragons were cool and real creatures.

Shaking that thought out of my head I put the dragon scale in my bag and felt around making sure the meteor was also still in my bag. Once I made sure everything was settled into my bag I swam down stream until I was under the fallen dark purple tree. Some of it's limbs kind of formed a support system that I could hold onto and climb up. I grabbed hold as tight as I could and made my way up. Once my head was above water my face was instantly hit with a hard wave of water. Thankfully my face was protected or else my eyes, nose, and mouth would have been hurting.

I forced my way up the limbs of the tree until I was on the trunk and the other side of the river. I stood up and walked the little distance to make sure I was on solid ground before falling onto the ground. Doing all of that swimming and climbing took a lot out of me. I got up 2 minutes later and noticed my outfit changed again. This necklace was on top of it, or my brain just subconsciously added it as a body function and started controlling it naturally.

"CONTESTANTS! I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT YOU HAVE EXACTLY 30 MINUTES LEFT TO FIND ALL OF YOUR ITEMS. IF YOU HAVE FOUND THEM PLEASE HEAD BACK TO WHERE YOU STARTED. THERE WILL BE A LIT PATH SO NEITHER OF YOU GET LOST. GOOD LUCK!"

I jumped startled at the sudden loud message JB gave. I was surprised at how fast had went by. Especially being in that water, it felt like time slowed down due to how calm the water was. Anyway, I started walking in no particular direction trying to figure out where the point of a star would have landed. As I wandered past the animals in a nearby field, through a small little forest, and over a random bridge.

Yes with how fairy tale like that sounds, that's exactly what I did in that order. 10 minutes later I found myself in front of a path that went up a mountain. I took a deep breathe in before I sprinted my way up the mountain. I figured I didn't have anything to lose after walking all the way over here. Once I got to the top I stopped trying to catch my breathe.