Part 1

"I have what? "

Kuroba Kaito couldn't believe his ears. Short before the final ring of the bell Akako had approached him and told him what she found out about.
"A half soul, Kuroba-kun."
He saw in her eyes she wasn't lying, yet, she was a sly person and this could be some kind of trick again. The magician kept silent for a minute, lost in his thoughts and trying to find any reason why she could lie to him. As usual, he wasn't able to read others, so he soon gave up on that.
"As I said..."
With that his attention landed back on the red witch.
"A half soul is a dangerous threat. Kuroba-kun, you will have to find your counterpart. He or she must be an emotionless logical person who never shows any kind of feelings. Or possesses any. You need to hurry... With a half soul, your destined date of death is reduced of half."
Kaito merely scoffed as he heard this and crossed his arms, an expression of disbelief and half amusement on his face.
"So you expect me to find my 'magical counterpart' in a world of more than millions? And what then? Am I going to ride back with them on an unicorn?"
"Kuroba-kun I'm serious. If you don't do this... Do you believe in destiny?"
"I certainly do not. If destiny exists, the will to accomplish your own things will disappear inside humanity. And this is something I will never dare to let come through."

Akako sighed and merely turned to head her own way. She couldn't help him if he wouldn't believe her. But unknowingly to her, the words of the witch left a deep impression on Kaito.
The magician sighed as he watched the black haired girl disappear around the next corner and turned as well to slowly walk home. He knew he was different from the others. Maths was a catastrophe towards him as he needed to solve it with pure logic. His mind wasn't focused onto that, he always thought. But it was new to him that he didn't possess this at all. A small chuckle came over his lips as he imagined his counterpart.
"Would it be a boy? Would he look like me then? Would she look like me? I couldn't ever imagine a life without feelings..."
Despite the feeling of himself being different he never took much note into this until the very day. Did Aoko notice herself too? He would ask her later about this.

Finally arriving home, the magician tossed his school bag into the next corner and fell down with a groan onto his bed. Kuroba Kaito was exhausted, school wasn't hard yet dealing with this matter was tiresome. Once more, he caught himself thinking of Akako and her words before he finally grabbed his phone.
"Moshi-moshi?"
"Akako-chan, how would I even recognize my counterpart?"
"Ah, Kuroba-kun. Usually you first greet someone at the phone before falling in with the door~"
The chuckle at her end let the magician roll his eyes in annoyance. Yes, he always avoided her if necessary. A moment of silence was shared between them until Akako raised her voice once more.
"You should recognize your counterpart at your feelings. If you notice yourself becoming calm, reasonable, thinking deeper of matters you thought of as ridiculous beforehand... The person in whose near you are is your counterpart. You need to be together to complete each other... He or she will become emotional at your side too. So pay attention onto your surroundings, as KID you will be able to test a huge amount of people."
"I have no idea what you are talking about, I am not KID. Please don't tell me you got infected by Hakubastard."
"I certainly didn't. See you at school, Kuroba-kun~"
The click at the other end of the line declared she hung up. Getting calm huh? Somehow Kaito knew what she meant. He already felt it a few times.

The male rose from his comfortable bed he yearned so much for to create a new heist note. No matter if it was a joke of that witch or really the truth, his curiosity got the best out of him.
He didn't know who it was, but someone at his heists was responsible for his half change of personality. As KID he was able to think collected, make plans and decipher any kinds of riddles to find a way out. And once he left the place of action, he was back to his usual childish and happy behavior.
He would find this person and if he would need to look through any single fan and policeman of the task force.