Part 6

I felt the need to pay my gratitude to my best reader of the Kaito KID selection, mxgicyoongi. Your comments really make my day and readers like you are the reason authors keep writing, thanks for all your votes and wonderful motivation.

Shinichi found a heist note a few days later, yet this time it was even weirder than the last announcement. The detective of the east seemed to be the only one to receive such a letter, how come nobody else did? The answer was fairly easy, KID wanted to meet up with his favorite critic. Kudo couldn't believe his eyes as he read the message the magician left him. Exact date and place, everything he needed to know to properly prepare for any kind of trouble.
He stepped back into his house and remained silent for a moment inside the entrance hallway while his gears rotated, before he decided for a different direction and moved himself into the kitchen. Soft gurgling of the coffee machine declared his black life essence to finish and soon enough he sat with a cup of hot coffee at the kitchen table, studying what KID left him. There wasn't any trick, he could tell so far. But what about the kiss? Did he want to explain himself or, by any cost, do something worse?
The male shivered at this thought and shook his head to get rid of it. No, KID was a tease yet he wouldn't ever assult somebody elseway or worse.

But that wasn't the only detail which bothered the male, no, it was his own behavior he distrusted. Shinichi wasn't his calm usual self on the heist, for god's sake, he grinned. He had been exited, fired up in emotions. This never happened unless he faced KID. It wasn't love, Ran had told him a lot about this feeling and it definitely didn't match. But why did he become so emotional in his near?
Perhaps KID could answer this question too, if he could bring himself to speak about it, that is. Shinichi couldn't share his personal matters with a thief, no matter if KID was a good guy or not. He surely owed him a few acts of gratefulness for his work and help on his cases, that he saved him from Ran's discovery as well with disguising himself as Shinichi. Ah, this thief was a mystery thoroughly. But this was even more reason to attend the meeting. Perhaps he could find something out.

As the time arrived and Shinichi laid his first step onto the dark roof, he immediately noticed the white outfit of Kaito KID. Raising his watch lightly to be ready for any kind of wrong move he approached the man sitting on the edge of the roof and yet... something was off. That wasn't KID.
A small poke with his foot confirmed it, it wasn't more than a mere dummy made to trick others. Shinichi spun around, only to receive a strong hit onto the back of his head. The last thing the detective could make out were black shoes and a deep snicker.

Further away inside his house, Kaito suddenly collapsed with a groan and held the back of his head with a soft whimper. Damn it, he felt like crushed by a steam roller.
"What on earth...?!"
He looked around, nothing was visible. Yet he still felt the pain numbing the back of his head, even tho he didn't do anything but studying for tomorrow's test in English. He shook his head with a sigh, it probably wasn't anything... Occasionally it happened that a part of his body began hurting out of nowhere. Mostly it was either his head, or his arms or legs. He already visited the doctors about this matter, but results showed clearly he was as fit as ever.
With this huge headache studying was as effective as throwing a box of matches into a swimming pool and finally the highschooler raised himself with a sigh, turning off the lights and shambling into his bed.
Little did he know that his life was in danger.

As Shinichi woke up, dawn announced its arrival with soft sunrays spreading from a barred window into his cell. Or well, at least it looked like a cell. Handcuffs kept the dizzy detective against a few pipes, but right now he didn't take note of this. After a few minutes he finally began to realize what had happened and with a long sigh he took a look at his surroundings. Grey walls, grey beton all around him. A few pipes, a heavy door and a very small barred window. Too high to look out of it and the glass texture pointed out it was too thick to destroy and soundproof.
Frustrated, the detective leaned back to let the beton cool down his pounding head. He felt like an idiot, falling for such a trap. But right now the only thing he hoped for was no pill to shrink him back into being Conan.