Part 5

His mind boiled like a soup, Shinichi was a mess. After the task for released the detectives Shinichi left without a word, shock written all over his face. Neither did he answer Heiji's questions nor Saguru's calls, he merely entered his house and fell into his bed.
The only noise which rudely disturbed his silence was the clock at his wall. Listening quietly to the rythmical tic toc of the clock hands, he soon turned his head lightly to watch it. Slowly he managed to proceed what had happened.

KID kissed him.
His supposed to be worst enemy kissed him. Why did he do that? They knew nothing about each other, well, at least Shinichi didn't. He needed to lay the facts bare to reach a conclusion. He remembered his heist note, KID implied he would take what is his. And before the... incident... he also revealed he didn't even know himself what he was looking for. But now he all of sudden knew? As if his kiss belonged to KID.
Huffing in annoying, the detective turned onto his side and curled up inside the bed, burrying his nose into his pillow to rest.
"He's a perv, that's what he is..."
Also the description he offered fit perfectly onto Shinichi himself, the boy noted. He usually wore a dark blue suit, his hair was chocolate brown and his eyes blue as well. How could KID get the idea he would belong to him? Beforehand he never showed any particular interest in the detective either, why now all of sudden?
The headache approaching him made it impossible to continue any investigation. Exhausted from the events, Shinichi's eyes fluttered close and he fell into a deep dreamless slumber.

Kaito on the other hand couldn't have been happier. He found his counterpart which had been ridiculously easy, considering how many persons he would have needed to check on the world. But he could have never dreamed to be locked against Shinichi's fate.
"The world may end for us one day, but together we will dance double the time on the final stage~ Hah, I'll tell him that next heist."
The corner of his lips twitched up into a smile as the thief thought about both Shinichi's and Heiji's expression. God that was a time, he loved to surprise them again and again. But now he needed a strategy how to approach Shinichi and for that he needed to get him to Akako too... Perhaps a witch was a better person to explain real curses than a magician. Not that he enjoyed the idea of approaching her...

As he set the first step into his classroom, he stood face to face with a furious Hakuba.
"Kuroba!! Now you went too far, Heiji told me everything!"
Oh god... The magician mentally facepalmed. Again this discussion, he would never give up would he? Ah, he might as well make use of Hakuba's frustration.
"I-I'm sorry Hakuba... Are you jealous of Kudo-kun~? I know a kiss of KID is something very special, I understand you wanted to have it all to yourself."
Of course the others heard every word of their conversation and while Hakuba slowly turned red Akako began to snicker softly.
"But Hakuba-kun, isn't it mean to shout at Kuroba-kun for something he isn't responsible for? We all know he isn't KID~"
Kaito showed the widest possible smirk inside his mind, enjoying the detective's moment of silence. Once Hakuba progressed what Kaito actually accused him off, he inhaled sharply and fixed his jacket, obviously calm again.
"Well Kuroba-kun, you seem to be right. Then why don't you come later with me and I will introduce you to Shinichi? I'd be surprised if he wouldn't recognize you."
"I'll have to disappoint you, everything is a productive task if it's not about spending time with you."
The Heisei Holmed gritted his teeth and scowled at him, yet never let smirk drop.
"Considering I am the only detective who found out your identity, spending time with me is productive."

But Kaito didn't listen anymore, he was already on his way to his seat to space out inside the lesson as always. Perhaps he should meet Shinichi personal? He surely could invite him, after all they worked together as Conan and KID two years ago. Shinichi would trust him enough to show up, of course still armed.
But it was worth a try or not?