Part 3

As all the detective, police forces and fans gathered around the tower, Kaito KID had arrived since long. He went that far to invite Hattori Heiji too, even tho he was pretty sure Heiji wasn't his fated one. After all Akako promised him an emotionless person and Heiji was of hotblooded kind, way too often he saw his outbursts and made fun of him for that. After all, a teaser does his work to trigger a reaction, right?

"Ten seconds to his heist! Get in position everyone!"
KID, hiding as a waiter, heard Nakamori-keibu bellow his orders at the task force. He almost felt pity with the men, having somebody yell at you without being able to repay that favor was impossible for him to imagine.
But in his hideout Kaito noticed what just happened. He grew calmer, collected. Was it his imagination? The thief stared onto his white gloves and exhaled silently, drawing the attention of a few officers crossing his way onto himself.
"Stop! Identify yourself!"
Kaito swallowed and pulled out his ID, confirming his access to the building. Eying him shortly in suspicon, the task force disappeared around the next corner. Unfortunately for the thief, he lost track of the time.

"WHERE IS KID?! GO FIND HIM!!"
Having no particular target made it harder to observe the whole area, Nakamori-keibu began to panic. Would the thief escape again tonight? Nobody had any idea what he was after this time.
The countdown was over since long, why didn't KID show himself to his fans? He would never let his audience miss his arrival on the stage prepared for him. Despite... if he ran into any kind of trouble. But what kind of trouble could await him here other than his police officers? He guessed he wasn't able to do anything but running through the hallways and trying to secure every area.

"This costume wasn't very clever of you, Kaito KID."
"Tantei-san, you insult me. Of course I calculated you would find out~"
Confused by this line Hakuba took a step back, yet he had KID cornered against a wall. Still, something was off with the thief today. What was he about to do? Saguru had no idea what could follow. Kaito tipped his hat with a chuckle and took a few steps closer until he was extremly close, making the poor Heisei Holmes swallow in nervousity.
"O-oi back off! What do you mean?! You wanted me to find out?! How could this help you?!"
The magician was too close for his taste, yet his body kept a stiff musculature, making him unable to move.

KID exhaled air he didn't realize he was holding in. He didn't feel anything different this close to Hakuba, he wasn't the right one. Of course the magician was glad about it, jesus, a life with a bound to Hakubastard was his personal nightmare. But just leaving him wasn't his style, he bent down and kissed gently Hakuba's hand, resulting him to gasp and smack him off.
"What the heck?! Get away!"
"My apologies Tantei-san, yet I have to leave and move on to my next critic. Sadly you don't possess what I search for."
Having no time to question his actions, a sudden pinch at his neck let darkness crawl into his vision. Kaito stared down at the fainted detective and smiled to himself.
"Oh how much I wish I could do that at school too when he gets on my nerves..."

The next one he wanted to visit was the task force, gathering them was pretty easy. He snatched away Hakuba's transmitter and set up a smug grin.
"Nakamori-keibu, I must inform you Hakuba is down. I would love to see all of you inside the main hall in the fifth level. Don't let me wait~"
"KID YOU BASTA-"
Click, the conversation ended. Kaito liked to cut others off, it gave him a feeling of the upper hand inside his game.
As Shinichi heard the news, he surely seemed surprised. KID gathering the task force? Usually he only could be seen running away from them, what on earth has gotten into him to do such a thing? Nevertheless, he changed his direction and headed towards the other end of the place Kaito wished to gather them. His seventh detective sense told him he would be showint up sooner or later at this place...
Chuckling to himself, the detective placed himself right on front of the prepared window he spot on his route.
"Did you really think you could get away like this, KID? No, tonight is your end."