Part 4

Not long after the whole task force and Nakamori-keibu gathered inside the described floor, a loud poof announced KID's arrival. This was his chance to catch him, tonight once and for all he would throw this thorn in his eyes into the next jail.
"Ladies and Gentlemen!"
Oh how much he hated this announcement. Right with his voice followed the similar white suit and the magician's smirk.

"To gather you here was intentional, since I need to confirm something."
Pulling his card gun, he aimed at the task force which backed away in surprise. KID never dared to raise a weapon against them, why should he now? Well, Nakamori had to leave him it wasn't a real gun he held in his hands. Silence filled the room and Kaito closed his eyes, inhaling deeply. Did he feel any different? His heart pounded clear and fresh inside his chest, he felt calm yet not different than with Hakuba. Nakamori-keibu, tired of the phantom's silence, suddenly bellowed angrily out.
"What is your plan KID?! Keeping us here, you can't escape either if you need to keep your gun raised against us!"
KID flinched lightly, rudely pried out of his deep thoughts. With a pityful smile he bowed down, leaving the whole task force in confusion.
"My apologies, inside this room is nobody I search for. Please pardon my intrusion, I need to move on."

He grabbed his coat and grinned, with a tornado alike wind he disappeared from his spot. The inspector was the first one to catch himself, like bitten by a dog he dashed into the only direction KID could've escaped into.
Sadly, the phantom never left the room. Tarned as a member of the task force, he kept an innocent smile and casually followed the task force. Was it always that easy to fool the police? He needed to keep his best tricks for the detectives, his true challenge. Now that he was back into hiding, he had time to admire the building.
"The others surely can wait a little longer~"
He rested his palm against the red walls, whistling quietly through his teeth. The tower was kept a friendly and bright tone, perfect to hide his white suit. Big open areas with many desks and other hiding spots offered the perfect heist, how much he wished they would transfer his targets to this building.

Ten torturing minutes later Heiji found Shinichi guarding the window. Suspicious about this, he startled him by jumping at said detective, raising a metal rod.
"Hands up KID!"
Shinichi yelped in surprise, immediately freezing on the spot. His face turning bright red in anger, he growled at the detective of the west.
"Get off of me idiot!! I'm Kudo!"
The male immediately pulled at his cheek, resulting him to squeak once more in pain.
"DID YOU LOOSE ALL OF YOUR LEFTOVER BRAINCELLS BY NOW?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"
Having to admite his mistake the detective raised himself and helped his friend up, a look of embarassment on his face.
"Sorry. But ya gotta consider it's suspicious to see you 'guarding' a window. Thought KID wanted to escape, ya know?"
"Yea yea. Look, KID obviously prepared this window. But what bothers me... why did he do it this sloppy?"

Heiji raised his eyebrows and flashed a glance at the prepared glass. True, he thought, KID really didn't put much work into it.
"Oh come on, I hate to say that but KID is a pro. If he prepares windows he does it properly. This was purpose."
"But did he want to keep us away from a specific area?"
"No, I wanted you to guard it for me~"
Both detectives froze and spun to the direction the voice came from. KID, looking as innocent as ever, leaned against the wall. Kudo inhaled sharply and immediately aimed his watch at him, a wide grin sprawled across his face what surprised the detective of the west.
"Don't move KID! Coming here was your mistake!"
Unable to focuse onto KID this moment, Heiji stared in a priceless manner at his companion. Shinichi grinned. Since when did Shinichi grin. Yet alone show such exitement. Oh god, did he have fever?

The Osakan detective rudely interrupted him with resting a hand on his forehead.
"Kudo are you alright?"
"What the heck yes let go of me dumbass!"
Such emotion he saw! KID observed this with high interest. Shinichi was a calm person, right? How could he break into such emotions during a heist, a place you especially needed to keep calm?
"Don't shoot yet, Meitantei."
With that their attention focused back onto the white figure. Shinichi smirked and raised his nose lightly, knowing he had the thief. He was in perfect reach to shock him, one move and he'd be done for.
"Tell us what you want, KID. Why did you announce a heist without a target?"
"Oh, I do have a target Tantei-han."
Heiji raised his eyebrows in curiosity, at least he was glad Kudo never figured it out either. The magician chuckled softly, taking this as invitation to continue his talk.

"My heist note told I would be coming to take what is mine. But it wasn't one jewel I searched for... and now I found out what it was. Two blue sapphires, a formal chocolate ocean and a cold appearance."
KID made a small pause, amused to see the confusion written all over the faces of his counterparts.
"Tonight I found out what is mine. And I thank you for coming tonight~ Of course you shouldn't leave without a present, that is."
Kaito saw the suspicion in Shinichi's eyes, oh how much he loved this look of gears rotating of his detectives. He snapped his fingers and a whole load of sticky slime poured down onto the detectives, catching both off guard and resulting into heated cursing of both of them. Knowing the danger was gone from them, Kaito casually approached them and smirked into Heiji's cherry red face. Oh yes, he was furiously embarassed.
"Tantei-han, I would ask you to look away unless you like to watch such things~"

The detective of the west could only riddle on what he was about to do as he saw him grabbing Shinichi's chin. No matter how much both struggled, it was impossible to free themselves. But all strengh left the detective of the east as a soft pair of lips hit his own, sending an electric shock through his body. Wide eyed in shock, he stared at the phantom, unable to progress what was happening while Heiji's jaw slowly fell.