Part 8

"Oi Bakaito, are you even listening to me?!"
The poor magician let out a sigh and turned to his childhood friend, yet kept his happy grin.
"No I wasn't."
"Ugh! I went through the order of restaurants we're gonna visit!"
"See? Unimportant."
"Bakaito!!!"

He asked Aoko out for a sweets tour she always wanted to do in Osaka, both met up at friday to use the whole weekend. Kaito even managed to rent a hotel, of course with seperated rooms. The male flashed a glance at the bag he was carrying, sinking back into deep thoughts. Next to spare clothes he also kept his Kaito KID suit inside it together with a few costumes if he needed to change his identity, for example to search for clues at daylight with Hattori Heiji. But the most difficult task would be now to actually convince Heiji of himself.
During the daylight he inspected Osaka together with Aoko, barely listening to her bragging about the sweets they were eating and with his mind focused onto the detective.

As the sunset finally approached and Aoko returned to her hotel room, Kaito immediately changed in his room into Kaito KID. Flashing a last glance at the small paper with Heiji's address scribbled onto, he took the hangglider out of his window. It was a rather calm night, a soft breeze played with his hair as he watched the city below him. Wondering if the detective of the west would try to attack him, he began to snicker.
"Such a heathead..."
Finally closing in to his house, the magician started to loose height before landing at the end on top of the roof. He silently opened a window and elegantly swung himself inside, flashing a glance left and right to make sure it was safe. He heard the small noise of a tv coming from a room, obviously his father.

Not even two minutes later he found the Osakan detective sitting inside the kitchen, nibbling silently on a slice of bread.
"Good evening tantei-han~"
The male froze and his eyes shot up, piercing through Kaito KID before he jumped from his seat, his eyes darting in haste to anything he could possibly defend himself with.
"You?!"
"Please settle down tantei-han, I need to talk to you. It is important, so I suggest you listen. It is about Meitantei, Kudo Shinichi."
Heiji froze as he heard this, trembling a little in adrenaline. What was this thief up to? How could he dare to enter his house like this? The house of a detective?

"Tantei-han, you see... I need your help. Before you say anything, I need to explain you something to make you understand how I found out. Kudo got kidnapped."
"WHAT?!"
Once more the Osakan detective jumped up from his seat, immediately hurrying past the baffled thief towards his room. Kaito inhaled sharply and followed him on the spot, letting out a desperate sigh as he recognized Heiji searching for his sword.
"Tantei-han, please listen to me. You do want the best for Kudo-kun, don't you?"
Heiji froze in his doings and slowly looked up, back at the thief in white. A mere nod was all he received yet it did count as an invitation for Kaito to continue.
"I might not be the best to explain it, I am a mere magician to create illusions and to enchant my audience... Yet I do know a real witch. She doesn't know anything about me, it would be a waste of time for you to interrogate her."

Once more, Heiji gave a small nod but slowly began to loose his patience.
"Get to the point KID!"
"Agree to visit her with me still tonight. I want to form an alliance with you to save him. I can be of use for you~ I have ways to get onto information you could never dream of, especially with your dialect hidden investigations are a problem for you. I need a detective and you need someone who can dress perfectly up as Kudo to lure them out~"
The detective of the west actually liked this idea. A team with Kaito KID? Perhaps he even would manage to find out anything about KID himself during this. And he really needed help concerning undercover tasks... KID could change himself into any other identity, this could be extremly useful.
"I agree. But beware, once we found him I'll make sure to arrest you on the spot!"
"I can live with that."
KID shortly raised his cape to cover himself, once it fell down merely a second later he stood there as a perfect copy of Kudo Shinichi. Smiling slyly, he eyed his partner up.
"Let the games begin, Tantei-han."

Inside the train towards Ekoda, both kept quiet for a long time. Kaito surely paid attention Heiji couldn't do anything funny but the detective was with his thoughts elsewhere. He worried about his best friend and wondered how this could have happened. Shinichi wasn't the kind of person to let himself get caught this easily.
As Kaito finally raised himself out of his seat, Heiji jolted a little and immediately stood up as well, following him silently out of the train. The male let out a sigh and crossed his arms.
"I suppose as Kudo Shinichi I will call you... what? Heiji? Hattori? How does he call you?"
Heiji hesitated, yet offered him to call him at his last name like Shinichi always did.
"Kudo... Where are we exactly?"
The name of his best friend came like vomited out of his mouth. His stomach twisted at the thought of addressing a thief with this name.
"This girl is called Koizumi Akako. She is a witch of red magic. But else things will she explain to you."

Heiji looked up to see thousands of stars sparkling in the dark sky above the eery mansion. He wasn't fond of meeting strangers at night time, yet did he have a choice? But everything changed once Kaito knocked at the door, resulting the butler to open up.
"Ah, Hattori-san and KID-san... Akako-sama already awaits you."
Kaito sighed, he didn't announce his arrival but what could he await from a witch?