Part 7

The next day Kaito felt a little better, yet his head still was killing him. Little talking to Aoko who surely wondered about his agony, he soon entered the classroom and pulled surprised glances onto himself. Hakuba, Koizumi and a few others eyed the pained magician up, wondering about his behavior. But while Hakuba kept investigating with his eyes, Akako seemed to have an idea about the reason.

As the bell announced the long awaited break, Kaito collapsed with a groan onto his desk, hiding his face inside his textbook. Almost immediately a slim hand rested on his shoulder and the black haired witch smiled slyly.
"Kuroba-kun, are you in pain? Should I lay a spell onto you?"
"Please not..."
He sighed and sat up once more, only to stand face to face with a suspicious Hakuba. Too tired to flinch he let out a sigh as he met Hakuba's eyes with his own tired ones.
"What."
"Oh, nothing. But tell me Kuroba, why are you behaving so odd?"
Yet before he could answer Akako pushed herself in front of Hakuba and showed a sweet yet icy smile at him, sending shivers down his back.
"Hakuba-kun, could you please leave us alone~? We have something to discuss~"
The poor detective merely nodded, captivated once more by Akako's beauty and left Kaito's domain, returning back to his seat. Kaito merely smiled as a sign of gratitude and exhaled softly.
"My head is crushing me... Since yesterday evening, it came out of nowhere. And now I can't get rid of it..."

Akako froze as she heard this and gently rested her hand on Kuroba Kaito's head, feeling along its back.
"I cannot detect any wound... Say, are you sure nothing fell onto you? As in your description, it sounds like something hard hit you."
"Yeah I'm sure. Yesterday evening I studied."
The witch froze once more and kept silent for some time before she began to chew on her lip. Of course noticing this act of uncomfortableness, Kaito sharped his eyes and glared at her.
"You know something Akako, tell me. Did you try out a curse on me again?!"
"N-no, sadly not. But I've got bad news for you... Kudo-kun is in danger."
The magician stared at her like she just told him she is the easter bunny, not able to progress what she just said.
"Well you found Kudo-kun to be your counterpart, right?"
"...right..."
"You see... If any of you receives a large amount of pain, the other one will feel it just as intense. That's also the reason you sometimes were in pain. Because Kudo-kun was attacked or anything else happened to him. I am truly pitying you... but to follow your description, it sounds like somebody knocked Kudo-kun out. On purpose."
"YOU MEAN HE GOT KIDNAPPED?!"

Instantly several stares were directed at Kaito, making him scowl at his audience. Akako flinched lightly and nodded in response. The magician gritted his teeth, his blood began to boil. Who could kidnap Kudo Shinichi? The black organization? But he brought each and every single one of the big ones down, at the side of Edogawa Conan. Well, he knew it was Shinichi but that wasn't the point now.
He needed to find him. To help him. Where could he be? Kaito was smart, yet not in a way which could help him to find Kudo. He couldn't just kidnap every single person to find him someday like he did with stealing jewels to get a hold of Pandora. He needed help.

He needed a detective.

But how many critics did he know which could help him? There was Kudo Shinichi and Edogawa Conan, one and the same person, yet they were impossible just now. He knew Hakuba Saguru, he definitely was sharp enough to find him. But working with Hakuba? Rather would he sleep in the canalisation. Well, he did give him a hint concerning a certain criminal he had been duelling himself with...
Still. Who else? Ran's father? Mouri Kogoro? Never. He knew exactly Conan used to knock him out to solve cases in his name. And who was left...?
Hattori Heiji. Kudo's best friend and one of the very few who knew he used to be Conan. And he had contacts to the police too to find about who could be the culprit. The male had decided who would help him. Heiji was a hotblooded man yet would do everything to save his friend, he would agree to form an alliance.

Kuroba Kaito stood up, pumping angrily a fist into the air, not without startling his classmates and the teacher who lectured since long.
"I WILL FIND YOU BASTARD AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU REGRET THE DAY YOU'VE BEEN BORN!"
With these words he stormed out of the classroom, leaving a priceless looking teacher and shocked classmates behind. A cold shiver ran down Hakuba's back as he stared at the space where Kaito stood merely a second ago.
"Oh god... An angry Kuroba is a horrifying Kuroba. I hope he doesn't make trouble..."

Yet deep inside he already knew his hopes wouldn't come true.