My Cousin and I

Katie's POV

Will Solace came to get me from the strawberry field where I was working with my little sister. I was confused. But he said one word that made me even more confused.

"Cousin,"

I walked up to the Big House to see a girl on crutches. She had forest green eyes and wavy light brown hair. The girl looked a lot like my cousin Melissa. I love her but I haven't seen her in years. With the two Great Prophecies, my powerful half-sister Meg arriving with Apollo and the battle with Meg's stepfather, I have not been able to leave camp to visit her and my aunt. Wait, I believe that is Melissa. I better ask the mysterious girl.

"Melissa, is that you?" I asked.

"Yes," she responded.

"You are a half-blood?" I asked.

"Yes," Melissa replied.

Sooo, my cousin is also a half-blood. Wow, we might be cousins on both sides. But I wanted to be with someone at all times. Usually when I go to study the grove. My experience with the prophecy-speaking trees really freaked me out.

"So long time, no see," I said, trying to start a conversation. We haven't seen each other since the Second Titan War. She went on vacation to Egypt during the war.

"Yeah, nothing until now has happened since I last saw you," she answered.

Being stuck on crutches sounds pretty eventful.

Will coughed making Melissa and I jump. Melissa had some trouble balancing so Will helped her. I totally forgot that Will was here; I was lost in my thoughts.

"Okay Melissa. Don't spend all day on your feet. Rest every couple hours. Chiron," Will nodded towards Chiron, who I also forgot was there, "good day and see you at dinner." He left.

"See you at dinner," Chiron called out to the leaving Will. He turned to me. "So Katie, would you mind helping and showing Miss Melissa around camp? Will already explained the schedule and all of that to her but can give her the tour."

"Sure thing Chiron," I responded.

I helped Melissa on her crutches and showed her around camp. When we arrived at Apollo's cabin, Will had a fit and "told" Melissa she should be resting. I lead her back to the Big House to her room for the next month or so. Melissa told me how long she will need the crutches.

I answered all Melissa's questions and she finally fell asleep.

Maybe having Melissa here would not be so bad after all.