The Day Everything Changed

Melissa's POV

I woke up to the sound of Alex's loud voice.

"Get up and get dressed! Breakfast is in 15!" he yelled.

The cabin was in chaos. Boys and girls were gathering clothes, waiting in line for the bathroom, tieing shoes, otherwise, get ready for the day. Today, I had Greek lessons, archery with Hermes cabin and another sword-fighting class, taught by Percy.

I yawned as I got up and got ready like everyone else. Knife? Check. Clothes? Check. (Don't ask!) Shoes? Check. Okay, I am good to go.

"Hermes cabin," Alex ordered, "line up!"

Everyone got into line according to how long they were at camp. I was dead last. We walked up together to the pavilion.

Breakfast was the same. Everyone was chatting with their friends and half-siblings. I saw Katie talking to her little sister. Man, I haven't seen her in a while too.

After breakfast, we headed to the archery range. Katlyn was there for the lesson. Standing along besides her was satyr. For some reason, I felt a weird connection with the satyr. She looked up and jumped a mile in the air.

"Oh, sorry. I guess you have a lesson. I better leave." she said.

"Hey can I talk to you?" I asked.

"Sure." she said. I lead the satyr away from the group.

"Hi, I am Melissa," I said.

"Hello, Melissa. I am Abigail." the satyr replied. "Why do you want to talk to me?"

"Will you believe me when I say this? I feel a strange connection with you." I told her.

"Well, there is that strange connection between satyr to satyr. But you are demigod. You have a forest smell. Do you wanna try my reed pipes?" Abigail asked.

"Sure!"

I took the reed pipes and tried them out. I started to play a song. Roots started shooting out of the ground. People started screaming themselves silly. I stopped.

"Wow!" Abigail shouted. "You have powers of a satyr!"

Hermes cabin turned towards me. They yelled at saying things like "You did that!" or "Who is your godly parent!".

"SILENCE!" Katlyn bellowed. "Let's continue on with the class."

Let's just say this: I suck at archery. I went to Greek and now one seemed to have heard about it earlier. But in the middle of class, Chiron came to see us.

"Hello, can I see Miss Melissa?" he asked.

My eyes widen in fear. When my teacher (Annabeth) said yes, I followed him out of the classroom to a small room in the Big House.

"I heard from Abigail about you playing her reed pipes and satyr magic going on. Is it true?" Chiron asked.

"Yes," I said.

His eyes widened. "Okay, then for self defense, here are your own pipes."

I was speechless. The pipes were beautiful. They were made out of celestial bronze and were beautiful. I took the pipes and sputtered out, "Th-tha-thank yo-you."

"Your welcome, it is the suitable weapon for you," he replied.

I left because the lunch horn ran through the air. I sat down at the cold, hard Hermes table while everyone else filed in. Whispers were around me. After lunch, Hermes' cabin headed to the sword-fighting arena. Percy was waiting there by slashing away dummies.

The class went by smoothly. After class, it was some free time . Then it was dinner time. I noticed Katie wasn't here. Maybe she was late? I didn't worry until she came screaming, the sound carrying around the whole camp, including the forest where she came from.

Katie's POV

It was my turn to study the grove my half-sister and Apollo found a few months ago. I walked up the prophecy-speaking trees when I heard voices.

The girl who was on crutches will go west

to the place where two of the Seven saw a god rest.

A god shall be found

and his daughter will hear his sound.

With a satyr and cousin by her side,

this girl will live or die.

This freaked me out. I ran out of the forest screaming. A lot of the campers turned towards me, including Melissa.

Melissa's POV

Katie caught her break and said, "There is a new prophecy."

Everyone started screaming and talking.

"SILENCE!" Chiron yelled. Everyone got quiet.

"Katie, please tell us the prophecy," Will asked.

(This is Katie speaking.)

The girl who was on crutches will go west

to the place where two of the Seven saw a god rest.

A god shall be found

and his daughter will hear his sound.

With a satyr and cousin by her side,

this girl will live or die.

Everyone looked towards me. I guess that voice last night was right.