The Day I Have Been Waiting For

Melissa's POV

Finally! It has been a month since I woke up at Camp Half-Blood. I been mainly "walking" around the camp or going to Greek classes, taught by Annabeth. Sometimes, I got to trying some sword-fighting with a small knife. But that has only happened twice. But finally, I can get rid of these stupid crutches and take off the bandages for GOOD! Then I can start training for real and move into one of the cabins.

Right before breakfast, Will came to see me.

"Okay, we will take off the bandages AFTER breakfast. So let's get going," he said.

Breakfast seemed to take longer than usual. I barely paid attention to Katlyn, Austin, or Will agurement. I meet Will's half-brother and sister a week ago. Austin asked me several times about my opinion but I ignored him. Nico did too when Austin asked him.

After breakfast, Will and I headed back to the Big House.

"Okay, just like I explained. I am going to take off the bandages and pour some nectar on the cut. If fully healed, it should close up. Then we are going to do a bit of physical therapy to make sure you don't fall over when you are walking," Will explained.

He took the bandages. A cut nearly healed stood out against my skin. Will poured a canteen of nectar onto the wound. It hurt so bad; I nearly screamed. But the pain died down and the cut slowly closed, forming a large scar down my leg. My leg was FREE!

We spend the next hour or so doing physical therapy in my room. Finally, I was able to walk like I did before the injury. 

I pulled on a pair of a jeans and a fresh Camp Half-Blood t-shirt and walked outside to see Chiron.

"Hello, Chiron," I greeted politely.

"Good day Melissa. I see your leg finally healed. Now you can meet the head of Hermes cabin and get settled in." He turned to Will, who was standing next to me making sure I don't fall, " Can you introduce Melissa to Alex?" 

Will replied, "Sure, Chiron. Come on, let's go introduce you to Alex Prank."

We walked down to the only cabin that looked normal. It had a bad paint job and was red. The paint seems to be pealing off, little by little. Will knocked on the door. A boy of about 17 came out. His grin was so crazy, I backed up a few steps.

"Hey Alex. This is Melissa-" Will started.

"Wait, you are Melissa? The girl who arrived with Percy Jackson and Annabeth? The girl always walking around on crutches?" the crazy grin boy interrupted.

"Yes," I mumbled.

"Cool," the boy said. "I am Alex Prank, head of Hermes Cabin. Welcome! Let's get you inside and settled.

Alex led me inside. Bunk beds were lined up everywhere and some kids were on sleeping bags on the floor.

"Okay everyone! We have sword-fighting next so line up!" Alex yelled.

We fell into line and headed to the arena where I used to sometimes watch people practicing. 

"Start warming up! I have to help Melissa here!" Alex called out.

He started fixing me with different swords. Finally, I saw a knife with a nature design on it. It looked the perfect size for me. I picked it up. It felt perfect.

"Are you sure you want that one?" Alex asked.

"Yes!" I replied.

"Okay, that kind of knife is usually used by children of Dememter and if a satyr uses a knife," Alex told me.

The sword-fighting class went well. I am horrible but not the best. At least I scored an awesome knife and a few new moves. The rest of the was pretty chill. I thought it was awesome without crutches. 

That night, I had a dream. A demigod dream. 

A male voice was saying that tomorrow, everything will change. 

I wonder who the voice was?