An "Old" Friend Of Brianne

Chapter 11

Melissa's POV

TThe next morning, I woke up. Everything about last night came drifting back to me. I got out of the sleeping back, dressed and did everything of my morning routine.

Outside, hunters were preparing breakfast, breaking camp or training. Once breakfast was done, they packed up camp.

Artemis appeared at my shoulder. "Can I speak to you in private?" she whispered.

"Yes," I whispered back.

We walked into the forest a little bit.

"I have an offer for you," Artemis said.

"What?" I questioned.

"I want you to become a hunter when you are finished with your quest," she offered.

"WHAT!" I yelled.

"Calm down," Artemis quickly said. "You have all the characteristics of a hunter. You will do well and may even rise up to lieutenant."

"I will think about it," I replied. And with that, we headed back to the hunters, Katie, and Abigail.

"Bye, thanks for everything," Abigail said.

They set off. So, we need to get going too. We walked through the forest and stopped every once a while to take a break or drink water.

We arrived in Missouri a few days later. Once again Abigail heard movement besides me. I took out my reed pipes and played a quick tune. Over the past couple days, Abigail has been teaching how to use my reed pipes. Anyway, roots came out the ground and wrapped around a figure around my height.

"Stop it, I am a half-blood like you!" the figure shouted in panic.

"Oh, sorry," I apologized. I stopped playing. "Who are you?"

"I am Addie Limpus, daughter of Neptune," the girl introduced. "You guys questers?"

Her name rang a bell in my mind.

"Yes," Katie responded.

"Last person I met who was on a quest died," Addie mumbled so quietly we could not hear.

"Why are out here?" Abigail asked curiously.

"I am on my way to Camp Jupiter," Addie explained.

"Oh," I said.

" Where are you going?" Addie questioned.

"Colorado," Katie replied.

"Do you want to join us?" Abigail asked.

"Sure!" Addie responded. "It is boring with no one to talk to."

We decided to take a rest right here.

"Addie, can I talk to you?" I whispered.

"Yes," she whispered back.

I took her through the forest.

"What do you want?" Addie wondered out loud.

"You are the only person I feel like I can share this information with. I am the daughter of Pan," I explained.

"What!" she yelled.

"It is true. I saw it in my dreams," I said.

"Wow, what is it with gods who don't have children," Addie said.

We walked back to Katie and Abigail. We traveled across Missouri and camped out the night. This was an interesting day.