A Dead Girl

Melissa's POV

It has been 2 weeks since I arrived at Camp Half-Blood. I still haven't been claimed.

I was "walking" around the forest when I saw a figure talking to someone with a strange, blue light round them.

"I forgive you. I accept death. You need to too," the blue figure said.

"I was the one who got you killed! Stupid ADHD!" the other figure protested.

I recognized that voice. It was Nico Di Angleo. He was probably talking to a dead person.

"I knew I was going to die in the end, Nico," the blue figure replied calmly. "Don't give up and stay strong." The person looked past Nico. "Nico, there is someone behind you."

I saw the strange figure more clearly now as Nico stepped to the side. It was a girl with auburn eyes and silver hair. She had a bow slung over her shoulder and a hunting knife strapped to her waist.

"Hello," I greeted.

"Hey," Nico said.

"Hi," said the girl. "Who are you?"

"I am a new camper here." I responded.

"Then you might know who I am." the girl answered. "I am Brianne Moon, the first daughter of Artemis. Known as the Daughter of the Moon from a good friend named Addie, daughter of Neptune."

"You are the girl who died a month ago right? I overhear kids talking about how a dead girl saved Artemis from a Titan, but a demigod from camp killed her because a hunter died. Will also mentioned that my reaction to discovering I am a demigod was similar yours."

"Yes, I am that girl. Nico killed me because I could have not saved Thaila, his cousin. But I knew I was going to die in the end. I forgive him."

"Any way, nice meeting you. I better get heading back to camp. Enjoy your afterlife." I said.

I heard Brianne saying to Nico why he did not tell me about her.

I may have found one of Nico's darkest secrets that he doesn't like to tell new campers.