The Shocking Discovery

Melissa's POV

The next morning, all of us woke up and packed up camp. We are so close to our goal. Last night, I felt like the sky had been lifted off my shoulders. It has been hard trying to keep my secret, well, a secret. But I will know the right time, hopefully.

We started off west again. The only thing on my mind was that we haven't seen a lot of monsters. We saw more people than monsters. Something is coming upon us.

Finally, a few days later, we arrived in Colorado.

"Good luck," Addie said.

"You too," Abigail replied.

"I don't need much luck. I am just on my way to Camp Jupiter. Melissa, maybe when you see done, you can come visit? We are around the same age," Addie asked.

"Sure, but I might join the Hunters of Artemis," I said.

"WHAT!" Katie yelled. "YOU DIDN'T TELL US!"

"It slipped my mind," I protested. It wasn't a lie.

"Guys, we better get going," Abigail said.

As we walked away, I heard Addie say, "Good luck, the Half-Blood Satyr."

We continued through the caves. Finally, I smelled the sweat scent of plants, trees and flowers. Sitting on a couch watching us as we walked through the "door" was an old satyr.

"Welcome, Abigail, a satyr. Welcome Katie Gardener, daughter of Demeter. Finally, welcome Melissa Fox Gardener, my daughter, the first half-blood child of Pan," the satyr greeted.

Abigail and Katie looked at me in confusion and surprise.